Melody

Teaser Tuesdays


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
Here's my teaser for today:





Helen smiled distractedly, her mind on something Earlene had told her in the cemetery. You should talk to your grandmother now, before it's too late. Ask her to tell you her stories.


(Pg 99, The Lost Hours by Karen White)





I have been splashed by a wonderful blogger friend whom I have known recently ~ Jo from Ink and Paper. And it is all thanks to BookMooch when I requested for a book and Jo happened to be the sender. I didn't know she is also a bookblogger until I read the note she had enclosed. (Thanks, Jo, for everything!)




Iliana from Bookgirl's Nightstand passed me the Zombie Chicken award and I have to say this award put a smile on my face. Don't you think these chickens are cute in a way?! (Thanks, Iliana!)

Well, if you haven't visited these two blogs, you should because their blogs are simply terrific! I will not highlight any blogs this time around as I want to pass these awards to everyone who have been reading and supporting my blog all this time. Thank YOU! :-)

21 Responses
  1. Matt Says:

    Congratulations on the awards!

    I hope you're enjoying The Last Hours.


  2. Mari Says:

    Congrats on the awards!

    Great teaser. :)


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    You are definitely deserving of the awards! I love the Zombie Chickens...they crack me up. Your teaser sounds wonderful and it is so true. I treasure my times talking with my grandparents. It is something that you can't ever get back.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    The splash award is pretty isn't? Congrats on both your awards Melody :)

    I have been wanting to read this book and yes also 'The house on Tradd street'. I've heard both are good.


  5. Ana S. Says:

    Well, no wonder you keep getting awards! You have to be one of the sweetest bloggers around :D


  6. Jo Says:

    Ohh, great teaser, sounds very intriguing!

    You're welcome for the award, and the book! ;)


  7. Debi Says:

    Yay, congrats on yet more much deserved awards, Melody! Couldn't agree with Nymeth more!

    And I loved that teaser!


  8. Beth F Says:

    Congrats on the awards and super teaser!


  9. Alice Says:

    Love that teaser, Melody!

    Congrats on the awards! :D


  10. Darlene Says:

    You picked a great teaser for this novel Melody. I look forward to your final thoughts on the book.


  11. S. Krishna Says:

    I loved The Lost Hours! Karen White's writing is great.


  12. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone! I'm glad to know you all! You ladies are the best! :)

    Yes, The Lost Hours is great! The story is good and Karen's writing is truly fantastic!


  13. Anonymous Says:

    Interesting teaser...another book to check out.

    Congratualtions on the awards!


  14. I wish I had been a little more grown up when my grandparents shared their stories with me. I think I would have remembered them better than I do. I was so young at the time--my mind more occupied on my own endeavors.

    That's a great teaser, Melody! Congratulations on the awards. :-)


  15. The Bookworm Says:

    congrats on the awards :O)

    and great teaser, its so true.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  16. Melody Says:

    Jill, Wendy & Naida - Thank you! :)


  17. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Loved The House on Tradd Steet so I'm looking forward to reading this one eventually too. Congrats on your awards!


  18. Melody Says:

    Jen - I've just finished reading The Lost Hours and I really enjoyed it! You can bet I'll be checking out Karen's books the next time I visit to the bookstores. :)

    Thanks!


  19. Julia Says:

    Funny...I was looking through Karen White books online the other days and saw THE HOUSE ON TRADD STREET was thinking of buying the book online. I find the blurb interesting. But I decided to wait and see if there any reviews on it at the blog. So, Melody - if you come across anyone review on THE HOUSE ON TRADD STREET please let me know :)

    I hope you enjoyed THE LOST HOURS. I can't wait to hear your review on it :)


  20. Melody Says:

    Julia - Oh, I'm going to buy that book since I really enjoyed reading The Lost Hours! Sure, I'll forward the link to you if I find one.

    Thanks! :)


  21. Julia Says:

    Thanks Melody! And if you get the book before me, let me know how you like it :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.