Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
Here's my teaser for today:




Memories are unreliable. I carry memories that are now so worn I can't possibly tell if they are accurate.




(Pg 6, Sonata for Miriam by Linda Olsson)





THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I am feeling very blessed and honoured to have received two awards by two wonderful bloggy friends whom I have known recently. First, I want to thank Ms Ulat Buku from Ulat Buku in the City for passing on the Proximidade Award to me!


About the Proximidade Award:
This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award.

For this award, I am passing it on to the following book bloggers who are new to me with hopes of starting a new friendship based on our love for books and reading. This award goes to:

Ms Ulat Buku (I'm passing on this award back to you! )
Kailana from The Written World
Debbie from Wrighty's Reads
Wanda from A Season to Read

* * * * *

Next, I want to thank Melissa from Melissa's Bookshelf for passing on the 2009 Friendly Blogger Award to me! For this award, I will pass on to all my friends who always read and leave comments on this blog. I am definitely not taking this as an easy way out because there are so many of you out there and seriously I hate to leave anyone out!

Thank you so much for your friendship! I really appreciate them all!

17 Responses
  1. Kailana Says:

    Thank you for the award!


  2. Wrighty Says:

    Congratulations to you Melody and thank you so much for passing on the award to me! I am enjoying your blog and getting to know you too. Chatting about books is always a good thing! Have a great week! :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I love the teaser, love the cover too. hope you are enjoying the book Melody. Congrats on your awards :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Kailana - You're most welcome! :)

    Debbie - Thanks, and you're welcome! I too am enjoying your blog and getting to know you. :)

    Violet - I'm enjoying the book so far. There's so much complexity in this story! And not to mention the covery is lovely too. :)


  5. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    That teaser is great. Short and simple, but pretty powerful. Also congrats on the awards. You are well-loved!


  6. Beth F Says:

    Congrats on your awards! Well deserved.

    And great teaser!


  7. Cmate Says:

    Memories are unreliable. I carry memories that are now so worn I can't possibly tell if they are accurate.

    So accurate, that's why I write down everything I can remember... so that i can read again when I think I forget and remember again.


  8. Debi Says:

    Congrats on your awards, Melody! Oh, yes, yes, yes...you are such a friendly blogger! One who always makes me smile!

    Have a wonderful week, Melody!


  9. Alice Says:

    Great teaser, Melody!

    Congrats on the awards! :D


  10. Wanda Says:

    Congrats on the award Melody and thanks for passing it on to me. I love your book blog — if I could've just figured out how to follow wordpress with blogger, I'd have added you when I first happened upon your 'reading corner'!

    I can't wait to read "Sonata...! Just trying to put a few books between it and Astrid and Veronika, which I soooo enjoyed. I'd hate to measure one against the other, I've made that mistake before.

    I'll look forward to reading your final thoughts on 'Sonata' — I'll put you in my sidebar, that'll work! :)


  11. Ladytink_534 Says:

    For some reason that reminds me of a quote from Inkheart: “If you take a book with you on a journey,” Mo had said when he put the first one in her box, “an odd thing happens: The book begins collecting your memories. And forever after you have only to open that book to be back where you first read it. It will all come into your mind with the very first words: the sights you saw in that place, what it smelled like, the ice cream you ate while reading it… yes, books are like flypaper-- memories cling to the printed page better than anything else.”

    Congrats on your awards!

    Here's my teaser!


  12. The Bookworm Says:

    great awards melody :O)

    and great teaser too.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  13. Julia Says:

    Great teaser! I hope you enjoy it as much as the teaser :)

    Congrats on your awards!


  14. I hope you're having a great week so far, Melody. I've been taking a little bit of a break but hope to be back at blogging this week (before I go out of town for the weekend). It never ends, huh? :)

    Sonata for Miriam has such a pretty cover. Hope you enjoy the book!

    Congrats on the awards! I've enjoyed seeing so many bloggers connect recently. Have a great week!!


  15. Congratulations on your awards, Melody! :-)

    I bought a copy of Sonata for Miriam while at the books festival this past weekend. I am looking forward to reading it.


  16. Becca Says:

    Congrats on your awards!

    That is a fantastic teaser, too. I can so relate! The review you wrote was good, too.


  17. Melody Says:

    Sandy - Indeed I feel so loved! I'm glad to have you all as my friends! :)

    Beth - Thank you!

    Cmate - It's one of the best quotes I've came across!

    Debi - Thanks! You make me smile too! :) I too hope you've a wonderful week!

    Alice - Thanks, Alice! :)

    Wanda - Thank you! Oh, I enjoyed reading Astrid and Veronika, it's such a great book!

    Jen - Thanks! I haven't read Inkheart but I've read lots of good reviews on it. Hopefully one day I'll pick it up and read it!

    Naida, Julia - Thanks! :D

    Trish - I feel like taking a break too! I hope you've a great one!

    The cover for Sonata for Miriam is pretty isn't it? But the best thing is it goes with a great story! :)

    Wendy - Thanks, Wendy! :) I'm glad you bought the book and I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    Rebecca - Thank you! :) I knew I've to post that teaser after I read it.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.