Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

As Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *

My find this week is Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg.


Publisher: Random House Publishing Group
Published: April 2009

Synopsis (from B&N):

Beloved author Elizabeth Berg tells the story of the recently widowed Helen Ames and of her twenty-seven-year-old daughter Tessa. Helen is shocked to discover that her mild-mannered and loyal husband had been leading a double life. The Ames’s had saved money for a happy retirement, planned in minute detail, but that money has disappeared in several big withdrawals—spent by Helen’s husband before he died. What could he possibly have been doing? And what is Helen to do now? Why does Helen’s daughter object to her mother’s applying for a job—and why doesn’t Tessa meet a nice man and get married?

What Helen’s husband did with all their money turns out to be provocative, revelatory—and leads Helen and her daughter to embark on new adventures, and change.

* * * * *

To find out more or participate go to The Printed Page every Wednesday.

20 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    This is such a cute cover. I have read just one book by Elizabeth Berg, 'Open House' which was very good. She is a great writer.


  2. JessicaLeigh Says:

    Looks like a wonderful book, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to add it to my daunting TBR pile. :)

    Beautiful cover!


  3. Alice Says:

    That's a beautiful cover and a good story. I want to add this into my wishlist. :D


  4. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    You find the best covers! I do have to say that I dislike blue jays. They are like the bad attitude bullies of the bird world. They also steal my cats food and often get themselves picked off by my outside cat!


  5. This is a beautiful cover! I've only read one book by her, but I didn't really care for it. :( I think it was called Talk Before Sleep?


  6. Beth F Says:

    I love that cover!


  7. Melody Says:

    Violet - I haven't read anything by this author but you can bet I'll check out this book! ;)

    Jessica - Glad to hear you'll be adding this book to your wishlist, Jessica! :)

    Alice - Count me in too about adding this book to the wishlist, LOL.

    Sandy - Blue jays are beautiful, and I've to agree they're such bullies! One can never judge a bird by its look, eh?! :P

    Trish - As I mentioned earlier, I haven't read anything by her yet. But this premise sounds good so hopefully the book will not disappoint.

    Beth - :)


  8. Wrighty Says:

    I love this cover! It's so simple but very striking. I've read one or two of her books and liked them. I'm going to have to give this one a try too. It sounds good.


  9. Wrighty Says:

    I had to make another comment here because I noticed on your stats that this made me visitor 044444! Very cool!


  10. Melody Says:

    Wrighty - The cover is lovely, isn't it? Simple but yet it speaks a lot IMO. ;) And I like the premise too.

    Wow, that's so cool! I should've host a giveaway for this purpose! Maybe for my 1000th post next time (my current post is #879). ;P


  11. Darlene Says:

    What a great cover. I love Elizabeth Berg and have read all of her books. I didn't realize she had a new one out.


  12. Iliana Says:

    Cute! Quite different from a lot of her other book covers. I didn't realize she had a new one out.


  13. Melody Says:

    Dar - I must be the last person on earth who haven't read Elizabeth's books! I've to keep in mind to look out for her books during my next trip to the bookstores! ;)

    Iliana - Now I'm curious about how her other book covers look like! :P


  14. Julia Says:

    Love the cover! And the bird make the cover more interesting! Great choice to share today!


  15. Melody Says:

    Julia - It's an interesting cover, isn't it? :)


  16. Debi Says:

    While probably not a book I'll ever read, I must say that I do LOVE that cover! You always find such beautiful ones, Melody!


  17. The Bookworm Says:

    very cute cover! I need to add this author to my TBR.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  18. Melody Says:

    Debi - Thanks! :D

    Naida - I'm going to add this to my wishlist too.


  19. Wanda Says:

    Isn't that a beautiful cover!? I love it, was even going to post it tomorrow. See what happens when you miss a week...


  20. Melody Says:

    Wanda - It sure is beautiful, isn't it?


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.