Melody

Teaser Tuesdays


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
Here's my teaser for today:

She was malicious, she was rude, she had a foul mouth, she was selfish, she was horribly spoiled, and to top it all off she was brilliantly sneaky. The obnoxious smirk that always appeared on her face after she'd said the one thing that everyone present definitely didn't want to hear - and said it at the most exquisitely wrong time, using the most unmistakably clear language and speaking in the ugliest, most disagreeable tone - made her seem exactly like the devil.

(Pg 3, Goodbye Tsugumi by Banana Yoshimoto)
12 Responses
  1. Iliana Says:

    Oh I need to read this book!

    And, by the way Melody I just gave you a little award :)


  2. JessicaLeigh Says:

    Great teaser! You found quite a bit of content to fill up two sentences. :) Hope you're enjoying the book!


  3. Melody Says:

    Iliana - Thanks so much for the award, Iliana! :)

    Jessica - These are the best two sentences I could find to describe Tsugumi. She's one interesting character! And yes, I'm enjoying the book so far. :)


  4. Ana S. Says:

    That's such a great teaser :D I loved this book.


  5. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Ugh! I don't like this person! Which is a sign of a good book huh?


  6. Banana Yoshimoto is on my TBR pile!

    This is my post


  7. Darlene Says:

    This is an excellent teaser! I love the cover on it too-it really caught my eye.


  8. S. Krishna Says:

    Wow, the character certainly sounds interesting!


  9. Melody Says:

    Nymeth - Yes, I remember you enjoyed reading this, Nymeth. :)

    Sandy - Indeed she's a pain. But who knows what'd happen in the end? I can't wait to find out!

    Gautami - That's great! I hope you'll read her books soon!

    Dar - I love the cover too! :)

    Krishna - She is an interesting character. I enjoy reading the exchange between her and the narrator.



  10. Melody Says:

    Naida - Indeed it is interesting! :)


  11. I think I know someone like that . . . Great teaser, Melody!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.