Melody
Part 1 Recap

Don't you hate it when the time seems to pass by you quickly everytime you are having a wonderful time? We didn't notice lunchtime has rolled by until our stomachs rumble in protest. So we had our meals at a restaurant called Goldilocks where all of us had vegetarian burgers (I didn't take any picture of our meals because we were all too hungry!).

Since Goldilocks is located within Far Far Away, we decided to visit Shrek and his friends after our lunch.


Our first stop at Far Far Away is Donkey Live; it's a special interactive live show whereby the audience will interact and sing along with Donkey in an intimate theatre setting. I have no idea how this was done, but I have to say it was all pretty amazing! Again, I didn't take any picture of this as I was afraid of interrupting the show.)

Follow up next is Shrek 4-D Adventure. It is a fairy tale adventure where we got to see Shrek and Donkey saving Princess Fiona and I have to say we enjoyed this experience immensely! Not only do we get to see the effects (with OgreVision glasses), but we get to feel the actions right from our seats too! (e.g. there was a scene about Donkey sneezing and we felt droplets of water onto our face. I think the most memorable experience was when we felt some spiders brushing against our legs, eek!)


We also rode on a family roller coaster named Enchanted Airways (which featured the Three Little Pigs, the Big Bad Wolf, Gingy, and Pinocchio etc) but we didn't take any picture of it. *sigh*


Far Far Away


Our next destination - WaterWorld at The Lost World, is a live water show where the performers performing some dangerous stunts along with the thrill of real explosions of fire and water. The audience is free to choose their seating (there is a wet or dry zone indicated alongside the benches so if you don't mind being splashed with water, the front seats are highly recommended.)


Jurrasic Park! This is another place I loved besides The Revenge of the Mummy (yes, I'm still thinking of that thrilling high speed ride!).



And speaking of high speed ride, Rapids Adventure is another thrilling ride one shouldn't miss! We bought disposable raincoats just for this ride because we had witnessed several people getting soaked when they got out from their ride. We sat on a circular raft (opposite us were two couples who didn't prepare anything so we must have looked very silly to them with our raincoats on!) where it moved along with the waves so there was a lot of bumping throughout the journey as we watched robotic dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures roaring at us as we bypassed them. And of course the most thrilling experience was where the raft was dropped at a certain height and needless to say, this is the part where we got drenched but thanks to the raincoats, we were totally spared from that experience!)

But that is not all in The Lost World, we also stopped by Canopy Flyer and Dino-Soarin' where we enjoyed a bird's eye view of Jurassic Park on the seats of a flying Pteranodon and a ride on the back of flying dinosaurs going up and down, and around respectively.




The above three pictures capture the feelings of strolling along the sidewalks in New York. Oh, I loved the setting! Tucked along a corner was a building where we witnessed a Category 5 major hurricane hitting New York City in a studio. Named Lights, Camera, Action, this is a place where we were introduced the incredible effects and the magic of filmmaking. It was indeed an eye-opening experience for all of us.

Well, have you ever watched a live rock musical performed by some infamous Universal Classic Monsters (such as Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy etc... just to name a few)? Monster Rock reminds me of a Broadway musical as I watched those monsters sing and dance (rock-n-roll style) using state-of-the-art digital projectors, sound systems and so forth. I was glad we had chosen some good seats for this performance, which was just nice being in the middle row so we had a great view of the overall setting.

I think I had covered most of the attractions but then again, there might be some things which I might have missed due to time constraint (and not to mention I didn't take some pictures for some places).

Finally, I want to share this picture with you all of what we saw at an MRT Station on our way home.

16 Responses
  1. Yes, time always goes by so fast when you're having a good time. And then it seems to drag on and on when you aren't. I've so enjoyed visiting Universal Studios, Singapore through you, Melody. Your photos really bring the place to life.


  2. Melody - this looks absolutely amazing! And your first post had some pretty crazy looking rollercoasters. It's been years and years since I've been to Universal (California and Florida) and I don't remember it being like this! Makes me want to go back. I'd especially love to visit Far Far Away. :) Thanks for sharing!


  3. joanna Says:

    It looks incredible, I'm se jealous! :-) I'd love to go there!!!


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    oh, how cute is Far Far Away :) Shrek is one of my favorite movies.
    Thanks for sharing the pics Mel.
    It all looks like fun, especially Jurassic Park.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  5. Beth F Says:

    What an amazing visit. There is so much to see and do. Now I want to go!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Wow, there is so much to do here. Love the pics, the castle is gorgeous.

    We had a similar 4D experience at one of the shows in Sentosa, it really was fun.

    I'm glad you enjoyed a lot, I'm sure the girls were overjoyed too.


  7. Melody Says:

    Hi, everyone! Thank you for your comments. As you can tell, we had a wonderful time! :D


  8. Julia Says:

    Double WOW of the many places you guys went to. I love the Far Far Away experience. I felt like I've been walking along beside you experiencing the many place you went to. How FUN! Thanks for sharing pics :)


  9. Melody Says:

    Julia - Thanks, Julia! That 4-D show was indeed an eye-opening experience for me! :)


  10. Ceri Says:

    WOW again, Mel. I loved hearing about your trip there. It sounds absolutely awesome. I hope I get to go there one day and I'm really glad you had an excellent time. :D


  11. Iliana Says:

    Is your daughter still talking about the visit? I bet she's ready to go again right? :)

    Sounds like a fantastic time Melody! Thank you for sharing it with us.


  12. Darlene Says:

    Thanks so much for sharing Melody! The pictures are great and you really captured the whole experience perfectly.


  13. Melody Says:

    Thank you, all! I wish I'll visit the place again soon, hehe.

    Iliana - Indeed she is! :D


  14. Darlyn Says:

    Ohh..I love the place and the pictures!Wish i can visit sometime soon ;p


  15. Mrs Suvi Says:

    Great pics, looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing!


  16. Alice Says:

    OK... I really need to make a trip there. Thanks for all the photos, Melody!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.