Melody




ISBN-13: 9780451223265
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Published: February 2008
353pp
Series: Gardella Vampire Chronicles Series #3


First sentence: The lair of the Queen of the Vampires was tucked away in the snowy mountain range of Muntii Fagaras.


**Consists of some minor spoilers**

In this third instalment of Colleen Gleason's The Gardella Vampires Chronicles, the heroine, Victoria Gardella Grantworth de Lacy inherited the title and responsibility of Illa Gardella, in which she will lead the team of Venators to fight off the undead.

Aside from trying her best to wipe out the vampires breed, she also learns that the demon Akvan is plotting to break through the Door of the Alchemists to attain something valuable as he believes this will further strengthen his power. Although she knows she can rely on Maximilian, her other Venator partner for this task, she is also aware that he is still under Lilith, the Vampire Queen's control as he had been bitten by her some time ago. Though Lilith has yet to do or summon anything from him, all the Venators knew that in a way, Max still belongs to her. However, there is a way he could break free of her control but that also means he will lose all his power as a Venator.

Meanwhile, Victoria is still skeptical about Sebastian Vioget, since she is not sure if she could trust him entirely; after all he is the great grandson of Beauregard who happens to be a vampire. And now, it is up to Victoria, Maximilian and Sebastian to stop Akvan. But whether or not if they are able to do so is what everyone wonders, given the circumstances of their complicated feelings towards one another.

Having read and enjoyed the previous two instalments, I was very eager to pick up this book because I just could not wait to find out what would happen next. There are a lot of conflicts in this instalment; and though it seems there are not as many action scenes as compared to the previous book, here I find it leans more towards the emotional part. The relations between Victoria, Maximilian and Sebastian are getting more complicated. Also, it is in this book that I get to see a whole new light of Maximilian and Sebastian.

Well, what can I say? This is one irresistible historical paranormal series that got me hooked since the first instalment, and it is getting more intense as I read further. It the the plots, and most of all, the characters that make this series an exciting read. And it goes without saying that I will be reading When Twilight Burns next!


Other reviews:
(Let me know if I have missed your review!)
7 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Great review Melody! Sound like you enjoying the book.

    I hope things are okay with you :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Julia!
    I'm really enjoying this series.

    I've a great time catching up on my reading at home! I hope things are well with you too. :)


  3. I am glad you enjoyed this one too, Melody! You will probably be reading the next book before I get to it. I'm still waiting for my copy. :-)


  4. Alice Says:

    Great review, Melody! OK, I shall go and continue reading the first book and if possible, finish it by today. Exciting, exciting! LOL


  5. Melody Says:

    Wendy - I'm enjoying the next instalment. I'm hoping you'll get your copy soon. :)

    Alice - Thank you! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the first book. :)


  6. Debi Says:

    Wow...you're really zipping through this series, aren't you? Glad you're enjoying them so much!


  7. Melody Says:

    Debi - I'm hooked to this series, as you can tell... ;P


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.