Melody

Musing Mondays

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about picture books.

Do you have a favourite picture book, either from your own childhood, or reading to you children?

I love picture books, not only because my six-year-old daughter love reading them but most of all, I marvel at the wonder and the power of illustrations that make a story come alive. Below are some of my favourite picture books which I have read with my daughter and reviewed on this blog (except Kiss Kiss):


Kiss Kiss by Selma Mandine

Miracle in Sumatra: The Story of Gutsy Gus by Jeanne McNaney

You're All My Favourites by

The Odd Egg by Emily Gravett

What about you? Do you have any favourite picture books?



Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page where readers are to share the books that came into their house last week.

These are what I received last week (bought from The Book Depository) :

1) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

2) The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer


What books came into your house last week?

14 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Those are cute children's picture books you got there! I'm not familiar with neither of them but I'm assuming these books are books of today? I do have favorite picture books, that I love when I was kid. If I can remember the titles I give the picture of the books ;) And I hope you enjoy those two books you got in the mail as much as when you got them :)


  2. Ana S. Says:

    Aw, the cover of The Odd Egg is so adorable! My favourite picture book is Blueberry Girl by Neil Gaiman. Not exactly a childhood favourite, no, but I love it :P

    Looking forward to your thoughts on The Dead and The Gone!


  3. bermudaonion Says:

    Everyone's raving over Before I Fall - I hope you love it!


  4. Nise' Says:

    My son (HS senior) had to do a project involving children' books for English. I loved it..lol, reading tons of children's books.

    Just got Before I Fall as well.


  5. Jenny Girl Says:

    Nice mailbox. I 've heard lots of good things about both books.

    I should just peruse the children's section the next time I'm at the book store. Apparently I'm missing out. Here's my
    musing


  6. Jennifer Says:

    My favourite book s a young child was A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh. My children loved Where the Wild Things Are, Goodnight Moon, and The Runaway Bunny.
    Have a wonderful week reading. I may be one of the only reviewers who has not read Before I Fall.
    If you have a moment, my Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-15.html


  7. caite Says:

    Hmmm...I seem to have blocked out most of my childhood. Except one collection of fairy tales, name unknown, I can't remember being read anything.
    Maybe why I learned to read at an early age. :-)



  8. I haven't heard of any of those picture books! They're probably well after my picture book-reading time (and I don't have any kids to read to). I answered this question here.

    I got Before I Fall this week, too!


  9. Irene Says:

    I love that a picture book tells it all in just a few words. Aren't the authors clever?


  10. Alice Says:

    I like the KISS KISS book. So cute!


  11. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone, for your comments! If you have any recommendations on picture books, do let me know! :)


  12. I used to have so much fun shopping for picture books for my mother's class. She is retiring this coming June from teaching and so I haven't been keeping an eye out for children's books like I used to.

    Enjoy your new books, Melody!


  13. valentina Says:

    it's cool that the Odd egg is among your favourites!
    some other very good ones:
    pear bear apple bear by Emily Gravett
    the incredible book eating book by oliver jeffers
    the girl in the castle inside the museum by nicoletta ceccoli
    click, clack, moo, cows that type
    the mousehole cat
    and lots of others!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.