Melody

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page where readers get to share the books that came into their house last week.

Here's what I received last week, which I bought from The Book Depository:

1) Seize the Fire by Laura Kinsale

2) Extreme Danger by Shannon McKenna

What books came into your house last week?



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


I know I did mention before that I haven't visited a library for a long time, due to the fact that I'm such a slow reader and that I'd rather read books at my own pace (and not to mention I've a huge TBR pile waiting to be read), but last Friday while I was waiting for my husband to arrive so we could have our dinner before we went for grocery shopping at a neighbourhood mall, I spotted a public library situated next to the foodcourt so as a way to pass the time and also out of curiosity, I stepped into the library not expecting to borrow any books until my attention fell upon this book:

Hate List by Jennifer Brown

Suddenly, I lost all my self-control when it comes to saying no to library books and I knew I just have to read this! So there you have it, my very first Library Loot post! So does that mean that I would be borrowing more books in the near future? Frankly speaking, I have no idea and with this little experience I have learned to say, "Never say never".

12 Responses
  1. Violet Says:

    cool BD books, hot covers.

    And yay, you borrowed from the library. I LOVE the libraries here. I have to try really hard to restrict myself to 6 books everytime I go there :)


  2. Julia Says:

    Oh EXTREME DANGER, I got a copy of that...maybe 3yrs ago? It just got released in paperback after the trade size paperback previously. I'm waiting for the latest FADE TO MIDNIGHT coming out in June in trade size papers.

    I've read one of Laura Kinsale book Flowers In the Storm (I hope that the title) and love it! Enjoy all your new books and library book :)


  3. Darlyn Says:

    I've heard so many mix reviews on hate list. Cant wait to see what's your opinion Mel!

    BTW, I have an award for you =)

    http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-award-12-youve-made-difference.html


  4. Melody Says:

    Violet - Yes, I couldn't help borrowing that book! :P I don't think I'll be able to cope with more than 3 library books. I can be a slacker at times, LOL.

    Julia - Oh, I didn't know that's an reissue. Anyway, I don't think I've got it in tradesize since I haven't been reading Shannon's books for some time.

    Darlyn - I've started on reading Hate List yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it.

    Thanks so much for the award, Darlyn! :)



  5. Anonymous Says:

    Melody, I'll be interested to hear what you think about HATE LIST. I read it last year and thought it was very powerful. Sad, but important.


  6. Iliana Says:

    Oh no Melody, now you're in for it :)

    I love going to the library but am actually banning mysel from it for a little while (hopefully all summer). My stacks of TBR books are scary and I want to make a dent in them. Tell us about your book. Looks interesting!


  7. Melody Says:

    Gautami - Thanks!

    Kay - I'm currently reading Hate List and enjoying it. Well, it's not a good enjoy in terms of the subject but still, I agree with you that it's a powerful read.

    Iliana - Yes, I am truly in for it, hehe. I hope I won't borrow more books from the library in the near future but one could never tell, eh? :P


  8. Andreea Says:

    I am the same when it comes to the library, but maybe I will change that in the future.

    Happy reading to you, Melody!


  9. The Bookworm Says:

    Happy reading Mel, Seize the Fire does look good!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  10. Melody Says:

    Andreea - Happy reading to you too, Andreea! :)

    Naida - Yeah, it sounds good, isn't it? And I so love the cover.


  11. Alice Says:

    That looks like a good book from the library. I haven't been visiting mine for a long time.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.