Melody
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I had had a long weekend since last Friday was a public holiday for us here - Vesak Day. Initially my husband and I had talked about going for a short vacation during this period, but we changed our mind at the last minute. And since the opening of Universal Studios Singapore in March this year, we had talked about visiting the theme park and what made this visit so exciting is that it is the second Universal Studios Theme Park to open in Asia (the first in Japan) so all of us were looking forward to it.

So last Wednesday, we went to the theme park but unfortunately its main attraction - Battlestar Galactica (the world's tallest dueling roller coaster) was not available so we could only marvel at the structure from afar and took some pictures. Anyway, my post for this trip would be forthcoming so stay tuned for that!

Reading wise, I finished reading Hate List by Jennifer Brown last Friday. I totally enjoyed the reading experience, though I have to say it wasn't a happy story but still a powerful and thought-provoking read. My review will be up soon.

There's no Mailbox Monday post today since I did not receive any books last week, but I did buy two books over the weekend: Half World by Hiromi Goto (illustrated by Jillian Tamaki) and Keep Sweet by Michele Dominguez Greene. Actually I have plans to read another book after finishing Hate List but I just could not help picking up Half World for my next read because the premise sounds so intriguing! It is a coming-of-age story with a fantasy theme and I knew I just have to read it, now! Anyway, I am already mesmerised by the plot and I cannot wait to share my thoughts with you once I am done with it.

So that's my account of what's been happening in my life for the past few days. What about you? Did you go anywhere? What books are you reading now?
Labels: edit post
11 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Really looking forward to reading your posts on your fun times spent at Universal Studios Theme Park with your family. Also looking forward to reading your reviews on the books as well :) Have a good day!


  2. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    We love our Universal Studios here in Orlando. We have passes and go whenever we can. It can get really crowded, so we have to go early and leave after a few hours. And of course, the new Harry Potter Wizarding World is opening in a few weeks, and then all hell will break loose.

    I am listening to Belong To Me (hope to finish it up here on my walk) and reading to The Things They Carried, which is a tough read.


  3. The Bookworm Says:

    Looking forward to your posts about Universal! I wish I could go this year, the new Harry Potter attraction opens this summer.
    Enjoy your new books.
    I just finished reading Broken Birds, which is a story about Holocaust survivors.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  4. It sounds like you had a nice weekend, Melody! I am sorry the Battlestar attraction wasn't open. That seems to happen when we make it to Disneyland; our favorite ride is done or something. I look forward to reading more about your trip in the near future.

    Your new books sound good! Half World sounds irresistible.

    I hope you have a great week, Melody!


  5. Ana S. Says:

    I hope you had a nice time, Melody, main attraction aside!

    Half World sounds RIGHT up my alley.


  6. Violet Says:

    yay...universal studios, we have decided to wait to visit the place for another month until all the attractions are open. I bet you had fun though, cannot wait to see the pics.

    Great books too.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Hi! Stop by my blog for your award.


  8. Iliana Says:

    You gotta tell us about the rides you went on! How fun. I haven't been to a theme park in forever.

    I got Keep Sweet on my nightstand too - we'll have to compare notes :)


  9. Melody Says:

    Thank you all for your comments! We had a terrific time at U.S. It was just too bad that the roller coaster ride wasn't available, and it seems it'd be unavailable for some time. I hope the service will be resumed soon!

    Please be patient with my post regarding the U.S. trip. I've yet to draft anything yet (got to draft for a book review too!) but I'll try my best! :)


  10. Melody Says:

    Karen - Thanks for visiting, and for passing the award to me! I really appreciate it! :)


  11. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody! I've heard so much about Universal Studios in Singapore from my friends there. I look forward to reading your post (I'll get to that post very soon).


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.