Melody
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a wonderful one - my husband and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on Saturday and guess what he did? He bought us a lovely cake and some roses for me. I didn't know who blushed more; me when receiving those roses or our eldest daughter (she's six) looking on with a huge grin plastered on her face.

Later in the evening, we went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner. It was my treat this time around, and I have to confess I am now addicted to soba (it is a thin Japanese noodle made from buckwheat flour and is served with chilled dipping sauce) and yasai tempura (deep fried vegetables, e.g. eggplant, okra, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, etc served with tempura sauce), and not to mention some delicious mixed vegetables sushi! Yum!

We spent our Sunday yesterday catching up on watching the last two DVDs of Autumn's Concerto (下一站,幸福); it was a moving story about love, friendship and family and I was sorry to see it end. I felt like writing a post on this Taiwanese drama but I am afraid it would be nothing but a gushing post (and my admiration for the lead actor, Van Ness Wu is another matter). ;-P

Anyway, onto a book-related topic. Here's what I received last week:

1) Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti *

2) The Karma Club by Jessica Brody *

3) Spells by Aprilynne Pike *

4) Mariana by Monica Dickens (bought from Persephone Books)

5) Never Let You Go by Erin Healy (review copy)

* Books bought from The Book Depository.

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page where readers will share about the books that they received last week.

What books came into your house last week?

13 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Happy anniversary, Melody!


  2. Julia Says:

    Happy 7th Anniversary, Melody! It was sweet of hubby and cute of your daughter reaction of the lovely cake and roses! Sound like you had a great weekend!

    Hey I would love to hear about your thoughts on those two Taiwanese drama teehehee. Great books list! I hope you enjoy it as much as when you got it :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulations on your anniversary. It sounds like you had a wonderful time :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Alice - Thanks, Alice!

    Julia - Thanks, Julia! Are you sure you want to read my gushing post about that drama and the lead actor? :P

    Stacy - Thanks, Stacy! We had a wonderful time! :)


  5. Ana S. Says:

    Aw, Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

    And yay, your first Persephone :D Enjoy!


  6. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Congrats on the anniversary! Hey, it isn't always easy to be married, and every day should be celebrated! And I hear you on the soba noodles! I love it in soup!


  7. Belated Happy Anniversary! And May you be together forever!

    Mondays: Mailbox/Whereabouts/Musings


  8. Jennifer Says:

    Happy Belated Anniversary! It sounds as though it was a special one. DH and I celebrate 19 years next Monday. The books look fun and I look forward to your reviews. Happy reading and if you have time, my Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-17-may.html


  9. Congratulations on your anniversary, Melody. It sounds like a lovely day!

    Your new books all look like they will be good. I hope you enjoy them, Melody!


  10. Iliana Says:

    Happy anniversary, Melody! Sounds you had a wonderful time. You know I've never had soba noodles. We just found a very yummy Japanese restaurant nearby so maybe next time I go I'll those a try!

    Enjoy your books. I still haven't gotten much further into Mariana but not because I don't want to - I've just been kind of busy with other books. It is good so far so can't wait to get back to it.


  11. bermudaonion Says:

    Happy anniversary a few days late!

    You got some nice books last week - The Karma Club looks appealing to me.


  12. Aarti Says:

    I really like the covers for Spells and Never Let You Go. And I see that distinctive Persephone cover and WANT it :-)


  13. Melody Says:

    Ana, Sandy, Gautami, Jennifer, Wendy, Iliana & Kathy - Thank you all for your wishes!! :)

    Aarti - I love the cover for Spells and Never Let You Go too. That cover for Spell is actually a UK version, but I love the US version too.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.