Melody
Strawberry Shortcake has been one of my favourite cartoon characters when I was a little girl, despite that Strawberry Shortcake and her friends had revamps over the years as each got a makeover with a complete new looks, clothes and style.

Anyway, when I knew that Strawberry Shortcake and her friend will be performing in one of our neighbourhood shopping malls as part of their holiday season celebrations, I was exhilarated and felt like an eight-year-old girl all over again. And what makes me happy is that my seven-year-old daughter likes this character too so the more I should go watch their performance, isn’t it?

I was lucky that I was able to get into the line so that we would have the chance to take a picture with these characters after their performance. The event was so much fun as it was filled with great music and loads of interactions between the performers and the children. Though it was only a 20-minute show, still I was glad to be there and that I had a wonderful time with my daughter as well as with the other children (their shouts of joy was simply contagious!).

Reading-wise, I had just finished reading Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn on my way to work this morning. What can I say? It was a delightful read and the premise is so, so clever! I hope to have the review up this week.

I can’t believe that it is already December and that Christmas is approaching. Have you done your Christmas shopping already? I have not; I am such a slacker but then again, there have been a lot of things on my plate lately (I suppose this is a valid excuse, no?).

Well, I hope you all have a great week!

10 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Strawberry Shortcake was onoe of my childhood favorite cartoon too. It funny how everyone have a child-like- in them even when they are grown up ;) It great you and daughter saw them performanceover the weekend :)


  2. Heidenkind Says:

    I liked Strawberry Shortcake when I was little, too. Although I have to admit I had no idea what shortcake was.


  3. Violet Says:

    Never heard of Strawberry Shortcake before :), but she sure looks cute. I'm glad you and your daughter enjoyed the event.


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    awwww...Strawberry Shortcake was one of my favorites too. It looks like you and your daughter had fun.

    Gosh, I have nothing ready as far as Christmas goes.
    My tree isnt even up yet....lol.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  5. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Strawberry Shortcake was never on my radar...I think it hit the peak when I was too cool for it. But I had some neices that were into her. I think it is special that you got to share it with your daughter! I've got most of my shopping done, at least to the point where I'm not freaking out.


  6. Darlene Says:

    What a wonderful way to spend time with your daughter. I can't believe it's December already either. We're not doing presents this year - there isn't anything we need anymore. I already got my present in Sammy. We will get him presents though. lol.


  7. Iliana Says:

    I'm with Sandy, I think I missed the boat on Strawberry Shortcake but how cool that you are able to share this with your daughter! That's so cute. Did you get a picture of your daughter with the characters?

    And, I'm very behind on my Christmas shopping. I have a lot of ideas of what to get people but so behind.


  8. Anna Says:

    I loved Strawberry Shortcake! So glad you got to share it with your daughter.


  9. Strawberry Shortcake was one of my favorites too, Melody. I have an old record album of one of her tales that I used to listen to over and over again. The Peculiar Purple Pie Man of Porcupine Peak was the bad guy.

    I am glad you got a chance to see the characters!

    Most of my Christmas shopping is done, thank goodness. I do have a few things I want to pick up still. I hope you have a great week!


  10. Anonymous Says:

    I loved Strawberry Shortcake too :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.