Melody
I'm sure some of you may be able to relate to this - you signed up for a few reading challenges (and then some more as you go along) but then halfway down the road you began to notice that you either could not keep up with these challenges, or you just simply didn't have the mood to read those books which you have committed anymore. As for me, I'm leaning more towards the latter so I figure I may as well give up these challenges as I don't think I will be able to complete them in time, considering it is almost the end of the year (wow, where does the time go?).

So these are the following challenges that I decided to let go:

POC Reading Challenge
I read only 1 book out of 6 - American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang

Thriller & Suspense Reading Challenge
And out of 12 books, I read only 6 books for this challenge:
Killing Floor by Lee Child
A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott
Faithful Place by Tana French
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
Burn by Ted Dekker & Erin Healy
Dying Scream by Mary Burton

The Romance Reading Challenge
And 2 out of 5 books for this challenge:
Ruthless by Anne Stuart
Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

Meanwhile, I still have four other reading challenges which I'm hoping to complete so let's see how my progress is (I didn't want to give them up at this point since I may want to read those genres; and I have also completed the YA Reading Challenge). That said, I wish to thank all the hostesses for hosting these wonderful reading challenges.

As for next year reading challenges, I think I will still participate in a few that interest me but then my priority will be focused on the books I want to read from my towering TBR pile.

What about you? Have you completed all the reading challenges you have participated this year?
10 Responses
  1. Darlene Says:

    Good luck on completing the last challenges you want to Melody. I'm letting mine go this year. Too much happened and there isn't even one I've succeeded at but that's ok - Buddy was more important.

    I'm not joining challenges next year. I am going to make a couple of my own for myself like Harry Potter challenge, etc and I think I'll still try for the 100 books a year.


  2. Iliana Says:

    I love joining challenges but don't have a good track record with them. I was getting so busy with my crafting and other areas that I had to back out of all challenges for the rest of the year and now I'm wondering what I'll do in the new year. Already I've seen so many new challenges that sound fun but maybe I'll just read from my stacks. We'll see what happens :)

    And, I still think you did great with your challenges!


  3. Violet Says:

    Oh my, you had joined a lot of Challenges. Kudos to you for keeping track of them. Good luck with the remaining Challenges.


  4. Alice Says:

    Good luck, Melody! I'm going to abandon one reading challenge and that is the "YA Challenge" (the only one unfinished). I've committed to finish "What's In A Name? 3" by end of 2010. :)


  5. Unknown Says:

    That's what I'm doing too. I want to finish reading books from my ever growing TBR pile for next year. There's a challenge for that called Off the Shelf that I'm joining. Btw, I've also JUST completed my YA Reading Challenge. I'm dropping the rest cause I don't want to rush into reading to meet them.


  6. joanna Says:

    Ha, does someone who actually finished everything they'd signed up for actually exist??? :-)

    I was thinking of giving up challenges, but it's so much fun to make the lists! I think I'll try to limit it though and do more readalongs - great interaction in those!


  7. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I've got two challenges that may not make it. I can finish one if I squeak one more book under the wire before Dec. 31st, but my TBR Challenge (the one where I get to pick whatever books I want!!!) will go unfinished. Next year I'm keeping my head down and ignoring the challenges (at least most of them) and focusing on all the great stuff I have sitting on my shelves and floors and bedside table!


  8. bermudaonion Says:

    I've finished several and will totally bomb a few as well. Oh well, they're all for fun anyway.


  9. The Bookworm Says:

    Good luck on finishing the other challenges. I've given up on quite a few this year. There's just not enough time.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  10. Care Says:

    I need to write a similar post. I am committing to 4 books that will finish a few challenges but thoroughly failed a few others - - oh well! it's the listing of books that is the most fun, I think.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.