Melody

Tasha from Heidenkind's Hideaway is my interview partner for Book Blogger Appreciation Week and I have to say I had a lot of fun getting to know her through this interview.

Without further ado, here is my interview with Tasha.

*****

Melody: I read from your profile that you are an art historian. Would you like to share with us about your position and what is the challenge you face being an art historian?
Tasha:
Well, right now my biggest challenge is finding a job. :P Sadly, the economy is making it more difficult to find jobs in the humanities. But before I was teaching at a university and that was a lot of work--constantly prepping for class, going over lectures, finding images, etc. It was fun work, though.

M: What made you decide to start a book blog?
T:
I love books! :D I've been blogging for about 5 years, but that was more of a personal blog. I started doing book reviews and people really seemed to like them; then they sort of began to take over my personal blog. So I wanted a site that would be more focused on my interest in that and the arts. That's basically how it got started.

M: Which is your favourite genre? Would you explore a new-to-me author/genre after reading fellow bookbloggers’ recommendations?
T:
Romance is definitely my favorite genre. As for exploring new-to-me genres based on blogger recommendations, I have. I've tried a few horror books based on the rec of a blogger I know really well (that's just about the only genre I hadn't read). I loved both the books she recommended, so I was very happy I stepped outside my comfort zone!

M: What do you like most about the blogging community? Have you met anyone from the blogging community? (If you did, do share with us!)
T:
I haven't met anyone from the book blogging community yet, although it would be nice. The best thing about the book blogging community is the the people, of course!

M: What is your policy when reviewing books? Would you review every book you have read? How do you feel about reviewing books which you did not enjoy?
T:
I review books that I have finished. Sometimes I'll write about books that I didn't finish, but I don't consider those reviews. If I didn't like a book, I'm going to explain why. It may become snarky. :) Basically I try to give every book the review I think it deserves--if a book deserves a lot of thought, I'll write a thoughtful review.

M: Which are your favourite and least favourite books this year? Which is the must-read in your opinion?
T:
Wow, I have no idea. My favorite of the year so far might be Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. I was really disappointed in My Wicked Marquis by Gaelen Foley. I try to forget about bad books as quickly as possible.

M: Finally, do you have any other hobbies besides books and reading?
T:
I like to hike and ski, although I don't do it very often. Obviously I love going to museums, and I enjoy making ceramics, printmaking, and photography. Occasionally I'll crochet when I feel the urge (which isn't very often).

*****

Thank you, Tasha, for answering my questions!

Please visit Tasha's blog if you haven't done so already!

22 Responses
  1. Elena Says:

    Great interview Melody! Art historian sounds like such a fascinating job, i was unemployed for a long time until a couple weeks ago, hope you find something soon Tasha! (at least you have more time to blog about books right?)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I love hiking too, although I don't get enough time too.

    Loved the interview, I already follow her blog and all her posts are so interesting, especially her museum posts (even though I'm always at a loss to comment on them). Thank you Melody for the interview. I enjoyed it.

    Hi Tasha *waves*


  3. She sounds fascinating. I like her blog too!


    BBAW: Interviewing myself


  4. Debi Says:

    Lovely interview! Looks like I have another blog to check out. :D


  5. Ceri Says:

    Good job, Mel. I really enjoyed reading that. I'll have to go and visit her blog. :)


  6. Iliana Says:

    Great interview, Melody! Tasha's blog is new to me but now I gotta go visit :)


  7. It is great to meet the both of you!


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Great interview. Gonna go visit now.


  9. Trisha Says:

    We have a similarity: My blog started out more personal too, and the books just sort of slowly took over. Thank heavens!


  10. Heidenkind Says:

    Thank you so much for the interview, Melody! I really enjoyed answering your questions. :)

    Hi, Violet & Gautami! *waves* :D

    Elena~Thank you so much. Art history is really, really fascinating and the best thing ever (to me, anyway). ;)

    Trisha~Books do tend take over, don't they?


  11. Came by way of heidenkind. :) I've said this a lot today-but everyone's done such a great job with their interviews and answers.


  12. Lisa Says:

    Wow, both of you are blogging pros!


  13. orannia Says:

    Great interview Melody and keidenkind - thank you!

    Stepping outside the genres you know and love is hard...but it always helps with good book recommendations :)


  14. Veens Says:

    Art Historian wow! That's a new to me job! I sure would love to know more about the job!
    That was a great interview! Thank you for sharing this!


  15. Ana S. Says:

    "Sadly, the economy is making it more difficult to find jobs in the humanities."

    Sigh, I feel your pain :/ Loved the interview! Off to read Tasha's with you, Melody :D


  16. Robin M Says:

    Great interview. I discovered Tasha's blog a while ago and have enjoyed her take on things. Especially when I'm taking art classes. She's very knowledgeable.


  17. Memory Says:

    Ooh, another art historian! (I'm also art historically inclined, but since I only have a BA I've yet to find a job in my field). I'll definitely be zipping over to Tasha's blog.


  18. Melody Says:

    Hi, everyone! Thanks so much for your comments! I hope you enjoyed reading both of our interviews! It's nice getting to know more about Tasha! :)


  19. Anonymous Says:

    Good luck to Tasha in her job search!!


  20. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody! Hi Tasha! Great interview! It's nice to get to know her!


  21. Julia Says:

    Great interview, Melody! I enjoy it getting to know Tasha :)

    Now am going to have to see your answers at Tasha's blog ;) :)


  22. Thank you for the great interview, Melody and Tasha. It's good to get to know more about you, Tasha!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.