Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser for today:

Jolted back to reality, Heath couldn't help but think about the funeral, his grandfather's heavy casket plunging into a freshly dug grave. The image was dark, but that wasn't so bad.

What was bad was that he still couldn't picture the face in that casket, and he couldn't find the emotion you were supposed to feel when your grandfather dies.

(Note: I have to include another sentence to show how Heath is feeling towards his grandfather.)


(Pg 38, Thanksgiving at the Inn by Tim Whitney)

9 Responses
  1. Ceri Says:

    Wow, that's a good teaser.

    We all have different reactions with funerals. I think the worst part about my grandfathers' funerals was that both times all I could think about was their faces.

    This sounds like an interesting read. I love the name Heath.


  2. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    You come up with the best teasers, Melody! That one is so emotional, despite the narrator's lack of emotion.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Great teaser! That with the cover has me interested.


  4. Alice Says:

    Great teaser, Melody!


  5. Jennifer Says:

    Fabulous teaser! Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/puzzle-king-teaser-tuesdays.html


  6. Julia Says:

    What a great teaser! It show the emotions of how he felt about his grandfather, and I know that many peeps have different way to show their emotions and reaction ot funeral



  7. Veens Says:

    uhh ohh.. that's sad!


  8. Beth F Says:

    That's a great teaser. I'll look for your review -- Sounds like a book I'd like.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.