Melody
ISBN-13: 9781439178232
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Published: July 2010
292 pgs
Source: Personal Library



Synopsis:

WHY CAN’T YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU FORGET . . . AND WHAT YOU REMEMBER?

There’s a lot Zoey would like to forget. Like how her father has knocked up his twenty-four- year old girlfriend. Like Zoey’s fear that the whole town will find out about her mom’s nervous breakdown. Like darkly handsome bad boy Doug taunting her at school. Feeling like her life is about to become a complete mess, Zoey fights back the only way she knows how, using her famous attention to detail to make sure she’s the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and the perfect girlfriend to ultra-popular football player Brandon. But then Zoey is in a car crash, and the next day there’s one thing she can’t remember at all—the entire night before. Did she go parking with Brandon, like she planned? And if so, why does it seem like Brandon is avoiding her? And why is Doug—of all people— suddenly acting as if something significant happened between the two of them? Zoey dimly remembers Doug pulling her from the wreck, but he keeps referring to what happened that night as if it was more, and it terrifies Zoey to admit how much is a blank to her. Controlled, meticulous Zoey is quickly losing her grip on the all-important details of her life—a life that seems strangely empty of Brandon, and strangely full of Doug.

~*~*~*~*~*

I did a joint reading with Violet of Violet Crush for this book. This is the first time I'm doing a joint reading/review with Violet and I truly enjoyed every moment of it! I definitely look forward to doing more of these with her in the near future! Without further ado, here are my questions for Violet:

1. Do you think some of the plots sound logical to you, especially on the accident and how Zoey felt thereafter? (I won’t elaborate further so as to prevent any spoilers for the readers.)

As far as the medical conditions go I do find the plot logical. I had an accident in college once and I couldn't and still cannot remember the accident and about 24 hours after that, except snippets. I had a terrible headache for days and had no idea what I was doing or thinking for 2-3 days after that. So yes, I do think it was logical.

2. How do you feel towards Zoey? I asked this because she seems like a clear-headed, independent girl to me but at times she also gave me the impression that she is confused, stubborn and insecure.

Surprisingly I was indifferent towards Zoey. I didn't like her nor did I hate her. As you said there were times when she was clear-headed and sure of herself and times when she was lets say stupid. But she just had an accident, she had some major family problems and she was a teenager. I think that should about explain most of it.

3. Do you feel any connection with the characters? And how do you feel about the relationship between Zoey, Brandon and Doug?

As I said I didn't really feel any connection to Zoey. I felt bad because she didn't have even a single friend she could trust. I liked her mother though, I wish we had gotten a little more insight into her. But then again Forget You was not about the mother. Brandon was a caricature of a school football player - popular, handsome and stupid. But he was entertaining. Zoey's relationship with Brandon? Haha, well that's something worth discussing. Didn't you just want to shake Zoey and put some sense into her?

(I totally agree with Violet here. And yes, I did want to shake Zoey at times, hehe.)

4. Following your question: Which one did you like more? Forget You or Going Too Far?

I loved Going Too Far more without a doubt. I felt the romance and the chemistry between the main characters was portrayed much better in it than in Forget You. The plot was also much better and both Meg and Cody were such lovable characters. I think what worked for Going Too Far was the simplicity of the plot. Forget You had too many things going on at one time. I felt as if the "confusion" that could have been cleared in 5 mins took unnecessary time, effort and ultimately pages. Although the writing was as awesome as ever.

5. And finally I couldn’t help asking this: Who is sexier in your opinion? Doug Fox from Forget You, or his brother, Officer Cody Fox from Going Too Far?

Cody Fox all the way. That doesn't mean Doug was not sexy. He was. But for most of Forget You Doug was in the background and we really don't get to know him for more than half of the book. Besides Cody Fox was a cop, that kind of increases the sexiness quotient, don't you think?

~*~*~*~*~*

Now go visit Violet's blog to read my answers to her questions. For my review of Going Too Far, click here. To read Violet's review of the same book, please click here.

8 Responses
  1. violet Says:

    I had lots of fun doing this joint review, I hope we can do a lot of these in the future :)


  2. Julia Says:

    This have been an interesting interview/reviewing! I like to know both thoughts and take in your own opinion, and throughly enjoy the Q&A :) Hope you guys do another like this soon!


  3. bermudaonion Says:

    You have made me curious about the Fox brothers!


  4. Alice Says:

    My curiosity is piqued too! This is fun! Melody, I want to do the next joint review with you. Heheheee...


  5. Darlene Says:

    Cool way to do a review. I saw this book the other day and was wondering about it. Glad you had fun with this!


  6. The Bookworm Says:

    Great review ladies! this sounds like a good read.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  7. Melody Says:

    Violet - Me too, Violet! We definitely have to do more of these in the near future!! :)

    Julia - Hope you enjoyed reading our reviews! As I mentioned to Violet, we'll do this again next time!

    Kathy - I hope you'll read these books!

    Alice - I'm glad to hear your curiosity is piqued, lol. What books do you have in mind for the joint read?

    Dar - I really enjoyed reading Jennifer Echol's books. She's one of my favourite YA authors!

    Naida - Thanks! :)


  8. Iliana Says:

    Love the joint review. Very cool!

    I want to read these - they look fun.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.