Melody
Kim from Bold. Blue. Adventure tagged me with this meme about blogging tips (read her two related posts here and here). And on top of that, she is also giving away a $15 Amazon giftcard to a lucky winner who will post the tips and leave a comment and a link via Mr. Linky on her blog.

Well, frankly speaking, I do not have many tips to share with everyone because I am sure what I have learnt are already "old" news to most of all. Still... I came up with the following and hope anyone out there who is new to blogging will find it helpful (some of them only applies to Bloggers).
  • Want a new template for your blog? I suggest visiting FinalSense for some ideas. They even have some 4-columns layout which I think are pretty cool. There are a few various themes to choose from too.
  • Love to read someone's blog and wants to be notified ASAP once a new post is up? Subscribe to their RSS Feed (FeedBurner), or you can even register for your own blog so that other readers are able to subscribe to your blog and also, you are able to access your blog traffic.
  • Create a search widget on your blog so that other readers are able to search a topic within your blog easily (in this case, I recommend Lijit).
  • Pictures do speak louder than words, sometimes! Post a few relevant images to go with your post as this will add some colour and liven up your blog.
  • Get a Cbox if you want anyone to leave you messages instead of leaving them in the comment box.

To spread this meme, I'm going to tag the following friends (please feel free to tag as many as you like):

Labels: edit post
13 Responses
  1. Kim L Says:

    Melody, thanks for putting together your tips! And I haven't heard of FinalSense before. I want to make a custom search widget for my blog, just haven't done it yet. Thanks for the tip!


  2. Ana S. Says:

    Great tips! I hadn't heard of FinalSense either. Thanks for the link :)


  3. Melody Says:

    No problem, Kim! It's fun to do them, although I had to think hard of any new tips but came up with none, hehe... hope you find some of them useful. :)

    Nymeth - Thanks. And you're welcome. :)


  4. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, thanks for tagging me! I'm working on it and will post when ready. :)

    Great tips and I especially like the one on posting relevant pics. Definitely can relate to that one. Heheee...


  5. Melody Says:

    Thanks in advance for playing, Alice! :) Can't wait to read what you will write.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I've been toying with the idea of adding a shoutbox to my blog. Thanks for the tips, I've got this meme in the works.


  7. Melody Says:

    Oh, you'll love it, Natasha! ;)


  8. Jane Says:

    I'm still trying to figure out how you installed that rolling blogroll feature. It's the coolest and I could sure use one!


  9. Melody Says:

    Jaimie, you should've asked and I'd have told you earlier!!! ;P

    I'll email the code to you since I've a problem posting them here.


  10. Darla Says:

    I played, Melody. Not that I have any tips to share... :-/


  11. Melody Says:

    Darla, thanks for playing! I really appreciate it. :)


  12. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, I finally did it this morning! Here's the link. :)


  13. Melody Says:

    Thanks for playing, Alice! :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.