Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *


Death Without Tenure by Joanne Dobson
ISBN-13: 9781590587096
Publisher: Poisoned Pen Press
Published: December 2009

Synopsis (From B&N):

Professor Karen Pelletier is about to realize her dream; after six years in the English Department at New England’s exclusive Enfield College, she is up for tenure. Then Professor Joseph Lone Wolf, her rival for the one tenured spot in the department, whose ethnicity gives him minority-preference status, is found dead from an overdose of Peyote buttons. First on the list of suspects, Karen is harassed by a homicide cop with a grudge against his colleague, the love of Karen’s life, Lieutenant Charlie Piotrowski. On campus, political passions rage. Two of Karen’s favorite students, Khalida Ahmed, a hijab-wearing Muslim, and Hank Brody, a coal-miner’s son on full scholarship, are caught up in the furor. Without the presence of her beloved Charlie, now serving a tour of duty with the National Guard in Iraq, will Karen be able to survive the investigation, protect her students, and find a permanent niche in the world of academe? And what if the killer feels the need to strike again?

10 Responses
  1. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Oooh! High brow professors and a murder mystery? Love the combination! And the cover!


  2. Ceri Says:

    Love the cover. I'm not one for mysteries but if I'd seen that cover I would have picked it up. :D


  3. Alice Says:

    That's a lovely cover!


  4. Ana S. Says:

    I love that building in the cover!


  5. Veens Says:

    Lovely cover!


  6. Darlene Says:

    This is a pretty cover! I'd love to be sitting and relaxing on that bench.


  7. Amy Says:

    Very fun! I agree. . .this looks like a great combo!


  8. Melody Says:

    Hi, everyone! Thanks for your comments. I'm glad we all have the same thoughts on that cover!


  9. Julia Says:

    love the cover and the story intersting too! Thanks for sharing!


  10. Anonymous Says:

    I love the buildings and colors, but I'm not sure I'm crazy about he font.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.