Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

I am almost done reading a holiday theme anthology, Let It Snow by three well-known YA authors - John Green, Maureen Johnson & Lauren Myracle. Look out for my review soon. Here is a teaser of The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson:

"Where were you going?" he asked.

"To Florida. To see my grandparents. My parents are in jail."





(Pg 35 , The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson)

10 Responses
  1. Care Says:

    I just bought this today! :)


  2. Alice Says:

    I am looking forward to your review, Melody!


  3. Veens Says:

    I so want to read this one!


  4. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Very to the point isn't that character? I have Paper Towns around here somewhere and I really need to read it...

    Here's my teaser:
    http://ladytinksblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/teaser-tuesday-haunted-bookshop.html


  5. Jennifer Says:

    Very interesting. It sounds like a good book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/12/possibility-teaser-tuesdays.html


  6. Ana S. Says:

    This book is SO awesome :D I want to read it again.


  7. Melody Says:

    Care - That's great! I can't wait to hear what you'll think of it!

    Alice - I've not drafted my review but I will soon!

    Veens - I hope you'll read it soon!

    Jen - I've Paper Towns too! Can't wait to read it since I've heard nothing but raves about it!

    Jennifer - It is good! I enjoyed it so much!

    Nymeth - You're right that 'awesome' is the word to describe this book! :D


  8. Beth F Says:

    LOL! I wasn't expecting the jail part.


  9. Anonymous Says:

    That's not good!


  10. Darlene Says:

    Interesting. I look forward to your thoughts on this book Melody.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.