Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Here's my teaser for today:

I am walking on buried treasure, I thought, with the grass brushing against my hands and nothing around me but the reach of the long field with the grass blowing and the pine woods at the end; behind me was the house, and far off to my left, hidden by trees and almost out of sight, was the wire fence our father had built to keep people out.



(Pg 52-3 , We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson)

13 Responses
  1. The teaser is quite interesting, Melody. I can't help but wonder why her father wanted to keep people out.


  2. Care Says:

    love this book! so deliciously creepy.


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Shirley Jackson is on my hit list for RIP next year. I've never read her, but I know I need to.


  4. I bought this recently. Your teaser makes me want to get to it soon :) thanks


  5. Anonymous Says:

    This is such a fantastic book...enjoy!


  6. Melody Says:

    Hello, my dear friends! Thanks for your comments! I am almost done reading this book; it's so intriguing! My review will be up soon. :)


  7. Anonymous Says:

    This one has only recently come to my attention. I look forward to seeing what you think of it.


  8. Alice Says:

    I've always wanted to read this book!


  9. Melody Says:

    Stacy - I adore Shirley Jackson's writing style so I'll have to check out the rest of her books!

    Alice - I hope you'll read this book soon!



  10. Amy Says:

    Great tease! Can't wait to hear what you think of this one.


  11. Julia Says:

    Great teaser! I never read book by Shirley Jackson before, but it sound like it going to be an interesting book :)


  12. Melody Says:

    Hi, everyone! Thanks for your comments! My review is up! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.