Melody
I'm just glad the Dinner and Dance was over! Phew! Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the event (after all it is only held once in two years). But that was because I'm part of the Staff Recreation Committee and I have to oversee everything, and trust me that isn't really fun.

Anyway, we had a great time. I didn't get home until 12 midnight plus. All the committee members stayed behind even though the event was over to ensure any latecomers have received their prizes before we left for home. Gosh, we were all exhausted but we were glad that all the time and efforts we have spent are finally paid off.

For the Dinner & Dance I wore a Vietnamese costume (see below), while some of the other committee members were dressed as co-pilots, Korean, Arabian and Indian. I like the lacy material of my costume, and that I could move around easily because it is a pant suit. Initially this wasn't what I have chosen but most of the committee members commented that the design and the colour of the other costume all looks too plain on me. Anyway, I was glad I have chosen this, thanks to their feedbacks! I felt I have transformed into a Vietnamese girl with the straw hat, hehe. I have it hooked around the back of my neck most of the time and only have it removed when the dinner starts. After all, I don't want it to be an obstacle, hehe. (Hey Julia! What do you think of this costume?! LOL.)

I didn't win anything that evening; actually I was eyeing the 42" Plasma TV but unfortunately Lady Luck wasn't smiling at me. *sigh* Let's hope I will win something next time!

7 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Sound like you had a great time Melody, even though I knew you been having lot of hard time preparing for this event :) But great job well done!

    It too bad you didn't win the TV, and I'm sure I would have want to win it too.

    Love the Vietnamese costume you worn for the party. It look very pretty and purple is my favorite color! Bet you looked pretty and cute in it :)

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful event with me (us).


  2. Kathy Says:

    Beautiful! It doesn't look like a costume, it looks like something you could wear any evening you choose to go out!
    Glad everything went well for you and this special event....except for the lose of the tv.


  3. Debi Says:

    Oh, how beautiful! Wish you posted a photo of you wearing it though!


  4. Alice Says:

    That's a very pretty costume, Melody! Like Debi said, I wish you posted a photo of you wearing it too. :)

    In my former company's annual dinner (the first of the two I co-organized), I remembered winning the grand prize -- a trip to HK (later changed to Phuket). I was holding the lucky draw bowl and didn't realize I was called until... they announced it the second time! I was literally jumping up and now on stage. LOLOL.

    Thanks for sharing the lovely event with all of us!


  5. Melody Says:

    Thank you, everyone! Indeed I have had a great time! Too bad I didn't win though... well, better luck next time! Hehe.

    Hey Debi! Hey Alice! I'm shy *blush*, that explains why till now I didn't post a pic of myself, hehe. ;P (Maybe next time, once I have worked out the courage to do so...hmm.)


  6. Becky Says:

    I love it, and I'm so glad you had a good time!


  7. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Library Girl! :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.