Melody
Booking Through Thursday
One book at a time? Or more than one? If more, are they different types/genres? Or similar?
(We’re talking recreational reading, here—books for work or school don’t really count since they’re not optional.)

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!
And, of course, you can answer any time you want–it doesn’t have to be on Thursday!

I used to read one book at a time, but my reading habit changed ever since I noticed my TBR pile starts to grow until they can't fit into my bookshelves anymore. That was when I start to think that if I don't speed up my reading, I will probably take forever to finish those books. And so I tried out by reading two books at the time, and I find it acceptable as long as I read two different genres so I won't get confused over the plots and the characters won't clash with one another. However, my reading also depends a lot on my moods, or when I am very engrossed with a certain book that I will devote my attention to it.
10 Responses
  1. Kathleen Says:

    It may not seem like you get more reading done when you read two books at once but I find myself going through books faster if I do. Come see my answer: http://smsbookreviews.blogspot.com/2007/08/booking-through-thursday-monogamy.html


  2. Becky Says:

    I never thought I'd be a multiple book reader, but I have become one. Right now, I'm reading a book and listening to a completely different audio book on my iPod. It does go faster... oh, and there's always chapters of Twilight, New Moon, and now Eclipse being read and referenced for fun posting on my fan site. LOL at my obsessive self!


  3. Darla Says:

    I always think of myself as reading one book at a time, but then there's the one I'm reading with my kids, and the one in the car, and the ones I'm beta-reading, and often if I'm reading a long-ish nonfiction book, I'll alternate chapters of that with fiction, too, so I guess I'm not as book-monogamous as I thought. :)

    Love the new look, btw! Very classy. :)


  4. Anonymous Says:

    You are similar to me, I mix up genres and try not to read more than 3 at once.


  5. Chris Says:

    Seperate genres do help. I don't think I've read more than 3 at a time. I'd never finish any.


  6. Julia Says:

    Hi Melody - I know this habit about you. That you read more than one book. I find that If I read the book one at a time, I going to remember details of the book. Espcially if the main characters happen to be my favorite :)

    You know, I tend to think that if I don't read all my books in my TBR pile than it would take me forever to read. But than, after a while I think that if my TBR pile went done than my piles will look lonely with less books. So I like the thoughts of having many many books in my TBR pile...I just can't explain it LOL.....

    Sorry I response to this late. But you know I always read all your posts :)


  7. Julia Says:

    after a while I think that if my TBR pile went done than my piles will look lonely with less books.

    OOPS! Re to my post above...it suppose to say "After a while I think that if my TBR pile went DOWN (not done) than my piles will look lonely with less books...."


  8. I really like to focus my attention on one book at a time. Most of the heavy readers I know read multiple books at once, but it's something I've never really cared to do. Occasionally I might, but it's not very often.


  9. I only ever read one novel at a time but then there's non-fiction and poetry and short fiction and essays and.....


  10. Debi Says:

    I'm like you...until not that long ago I always stuck with just one book at a time. But all these reading challenges, etc. lit a fire under me. Now I'm usually reading at least 3 books at a time. Never thought I could do it, but it's turned out to be easier that I would have guessed.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.