Melody

Do you have multiple copies of any of your books?

If so, why? Absent-mindedness? You love them that much? First Editions for the shelf, but paperbacks to read?

If not, why not? Not enough space? Not enough money? Too sensible to do something so foolish?
Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!
And–you can play any time; it doesn’t have to be Thursday!

Yes, I do. In fact, I have a few duplicates in my pile. It isn't that I love my books so much that I buy duplicates of them (although I admit I really love my books), it is just that sometimes I can't remember if I have bought them (I tend to have a short memory), and another thing is the publishers reissued an older book with a new bookcover without explaining it wasn't a new book. So of course I grabbed the book without looking at it carefully, happily thinking my favourite author has released a new book until I reached home and found the same book in my pile, but with a less attractive cover. Well, I can always return the book if I rented it but I can't do anything if I bought it at a bookstore. Thereafter, I make sure I don't buy duplicate copies by checking their publication dates printed inside the books.

Although I have no issue of buying the same book with a different cover, I don't do it because to me it is a waste of money and I'd rather spend that money on a new book, or try out a new author.

9 Responses
  1. Becky Says:

    I do have duplicates, but only of Twilight, New Moon, and soon to be Eclipse. I have my personalized, signed copies of TW and NM, and I also have "lending" copies to convert people! In September, I'll visit Atlanta, GA, to have Eclipse signed, and then I'll have to buy a "lending" copy of that, too! Tee Hee! =)


  2. Melody - Thank you again for the marquee code. I got it working on my blog without any difficulty. I even did it without my husband's help (I tend to refer to him before making any template changes because I'm afraid of screwing something up). I like the marquee quite a bit--it save a lot of space.

    Back to the topic at hand. Those new covers sure can be confusing. I've found myself leafing through a book I think is new only to figure out it's not. Sometimes, the publishers even change the titles--now that's really sneaky! LOL


  3. Julia Says:

    Yes I know about your short memory term, Melody but I think everyone have it moments *grin*....

    Agree with the re-issues cover arts publishing. It does confuse me sometime....

    Happy Booking Through Thursday! Hey teach me the marquee code too :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Wow! Now I'm jealous, Library Girl! I want mine to be signed too, hehe.

    Hi Wendy! I'm glad to hear the marquee code works well with your blog. :) Indeed it saves us a lot of space, isn't it? :P

    Oh yes, sometimes they change the titles too, which I think it gets a little too far! Hmph!

    Hey Julia! The covers sure can be confusing at times...I just hope they will follow the way NR's publishers did with her books, by having a logo on the covers whenver her new books are released. Saves us a lot of trouble, don't ya think?! LOL.


  5. Melody Says:

    Hey Julia, this is the code:
    [marquee onMouseOver="this.stop()" onMouseOut="this.start()" scrollAmount="1" scrollDelay="10" direction="up" height="99" width="170" style="text-align: center"]This is where your blogroll is[/marquee]

    Note: As the comment box doesn't allow me to type <>, I use [] instead. Please amend accordingly on your template. :)


  6. Hey... I'm swiping the code, too! Great idea.

    And, yeah, I hate rereleased books. Thank heavens Nora Roberts now does her little "NR" seal for new books, so I don't rebuy something of hers I already have.

    Thanks for visiting!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Yeah, those new covers can be confusing and you end up very disappointed when you realize it. Have a great weekend!


  8. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody! I share your thoughts though I do have better memory. LOL. *alice looking schmug* Ahem! LOL. Happy belated BTT and have a great weekend!


  9. Melody Says:

    Hey Marianne, that's what I thought. :D

    Hi Kristy, I agree. Although the new covers are nice, but still I hate to see it's a reissue. *sigh*

    Hi Alice, I read it somewhere that ginkgo, pomegranate help to boost up memory, so perhaps I should take more of them, hehe. I think brains are like hard drives in a PC, the older you are, the more memory space are taken up, LOL!!!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.