Melody




ISBN: 031294098X
Pub. Date: June 2007
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 416pp
Publisher: St. Martin's Press


I read this anthology together with Julia. But due to time constraint (I was stressed and busily preparing stuff for our Dinner & Dance then), I didn't finish the book on time with her. Please accept my sincerest apologies, Julia!

This story is about three sisters who each has their own magical powers. Dee, being the eldest, is able to shapeshift; Lizzie transmutes things (I grin whenever she mentions she wants to transform straw into gold) while Mare, the youngest girl is able to move things with her mind. Anyway, they are on the run from their evil aunt Xan who wants to steal their powers after she had killed their parents. And her plan is to send each girl her true love using her spell so that she will be able to attain their powers once the girls have fallen in love with their men.

And it begins when Danny James shows up outside Dee's door one day, claiming he is curious to dig into her past. Elric, the sorcerer meets Lizzie when she fails to turn straw into gold, so he is there to stop her from creating a disaster as she keeps on transmutes forks into bunnies. And finally Mare rekindles with Crash after he has left town for five years. Xan's original plan is to hook her up with Jude Green, who's the Vice President of Value Video! where she works, but things doesn't turn out the way she wants as Mare still can't get her mind off Crash.

Overall this is an entertaining story, although I felt it'd be better if each story stands alone as the collaboration of the three stories into a book can be confusing at times. However, I enjoyed reading Lizzie's story, after all it is written by Anne Stuart and I have been a great fan of her. Also, Jennifer Crusie writes engaging characters and her dialogues are often lively. I can't say much about Eileen Dreyer as I have not read anything by her until this.
7 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Melody - it's always fun reading book together with you. And don't worry about not finish the book on time with me, I knew you were stress out from planning the dinner and party so I was not even worry about you not finishing the book. :)

    Good review! I know your challenge books is coming up next, good luck with that :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Hey Julia! Yeah, it's always fun to read together. I'm really looking forward to reading Hidden Agendas next! :D

    And thanks for your understanding. :)


  3. Julia Says:

    I'm looking forward to reading Hidden Agendas with you too! :)

    Have a good day :)


  4. Alice Says:

    Looks like you gals had fun! Happy reading! :D


  5. Debi Says:

    What an interesting sounding book. Out of my normal realm, but I think I'm going to write this one down and give it a try.


  6. Melody Says:

    Sure we do, Alice! Hopefully next time the three of us will be reading together... ;P

    Debi, indeed it's an interesting book. A little funny too... I'd be looking forward to reading your thoughts after you have read it. :)


  7. Julia Says:

    It was fun Alice, but when ever you would like to do a reading together with us...give us a shout out :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.