Melody
Another book challenge, how exciting!!! I decided to join the Unread Authors Challenge hosted by Sycorax Pine after getting a nudge from Debi and reading Wendy's post. (OK ladies, I gave in! LOL.) This challenge will run from September to February.

Another reason I love participating in these reading challenges is not only I can speed up my reading (oh the excitement and not to mention fun), and also I get to know what the other participants are reading and exchange views etc. Anyway, here's my list:
  1. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  2. Damnation Street by Andrew Klavan
  3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  4. The Piano Teacher by Elfriede Jelinek
  5. The Wrong Man by John Katzerbach
  6. Secret Story by Ramsey Campbell
Alternates:
  1. The Girls by Lori Lansens
  2. Sayonara Bar by Susan Barker
  3. Saving Caravaggio by Neil Griffiths
  4. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  5. Hit Parade by Lawrence Block
7 Responses
  1. Sycorax Pine Says:

    This is a great list you have, Melody. Welcome to the challenge! I think that, of the many tempting books you have listed here, the only author I have read is Cormac McCarthy, and "The Road" (which was very intriguing) is the only work of his I have read to date (I read it a few months ago).

    So I am looking forward to hearing what you think of the works on your list!


  2. I am so glad you are joining in, Melody! We will have to compare notes on The Road. :-) I really liked The Kite Runner when I read it and hope you will too. It's an awesome book. I will be reading A Thousand Splendid Suns before the year is out and am looking forward to that.

    You have some good reading ahead of you!


  3. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Pour of Tor! I can't wait for the challenge to begin! ;) I have read great reviews about The Road and am looking forward to reading it. :)

    Wendy, I'm glad I joined too! :) I'm feeling excited about all these reading challenges, LOL. I'm looking forward to reading your review on The Road. I decided to pick up The Kite Runner after reading so many great reviews about it, and so does A Thousand Splendid Suns.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Will check back to read your reviews as I haven't heard of any of those authors! Happy reading :)


  5. Alice Says:

    Sounds like an interesting challenge, Mel. I'm so tempted to participate. Seriously. ;)

    I have The Kite Runner in my TBR (hope to get started soon) and have read The Road.

    Have fun!!


  6. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Rhinoa! :)

    Hey Alice, I'm glad you joined! Also great to hear we've the same book in our pile. ;)


  7. Alice Says:

    Yes, Mel. YES! I'm thrilled! :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.