Melody
Stephanie and Bethany have created some pretty buttons to put on our sidebars in memory of Dewey. Also, Becky is taking the lead of doing a Weekly Geeks tribute to Dewey by asking participants to share a favourite memory of her in general; perhaps share some favourite posts from Dewey's site or anything in remembrance of her. (You do not have to be a regular Weekly Geeks participant to do this.)



Weekly Geeks #27 ~ A Tribute to Dewey


I could not remember when I first stumbled upon Dewey's blog. I think I may have known her blog through someone's link; I just could not recall since I tend to have a short memory. But I do know I was in awe of her after visited her blog the first time. She was a true avid reader, judging by the number of books she read and reviewed. Besides that, she was such a creative and talented person. I just could not imagine anyone would take on the task of managing several events (i.e. Bookworms Carnival, 24 Hour Read-a-Thon, Graphics Novels Challenge and Weekly Geeks), but Dewey did it! She contributed a lot to this bookblogging community and I have to say without these activities, I would not have known other bookbloggers. It is strange how this community has bonded us together and became part of our life although we may not have the opportunity of meeting in person! It is simply amazing but overall I think this is the meaning and spirit of this bookblogging community. Dewey may have left us, but her efforts and her talents will always be remembered by us all and I am hoping that those events undertaken by her will be continued.
11 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    I do not know Dewey but I have seen the wonderful work she did for the book blogging community. I was shocked and saddened when I found out about her passing.


  2. Dewey certainly was an inspiration. It's amazing how much she took on--and how well she managed it all! Great tribute post, Melody.


  3. Julia Says:

    I never knew Dewey, but my thoughts and prayer for her and the family at this time :)

    However, I have seen peek of the work she have done through her blog for the community blogging. She sure does inspire all of us to do fun but wonderful stuff. Her hard work should be tribute :)


  4. Iliana Says:

    I don't remember how I came upon Dewey's blog either but I'm so glad I did. I may not have always participated in WG but it was always fun to read posts on that. And, I love, love the read-a-thon. I'm just so amazed at how she pulled off everything even when she was so ill. There was a chat over on Book Blogs (have you checked that out Melody?) and it does look like most of her projects will continue so that's going to be great.


  5. The Bookworm Says:

    Great tribute post Melody.
    Dewey did so much for the bookblogging community. She did bring alot of us bloggers together.
    It really was amazing how much she did even though she was ill.
    She is missed by so many.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  6. Melody Says:

    Thanks everyone, for your comments. Dewey had done so much for the bookblogging community... her passing seems so unreal to me and till now I couldn't believe she has left us.


  7. Maree Says:

    Dewey had a massive impact on all of us, didn't she?
    My post is up here:
    http://justaddbooks.blogspot.com/2008/12/weekly-geeks-27-making-it-count.html


  8. Ana S. Says:

    I think most of us were a little in awe of her. She will be missed.


  9. Melody Says:

    Maree - Indeed Dewey had a massive impact on us. She was an inspiration!

    Nymeth - I really admire Dewey's enthusiasm and everything she contributed to the bookblogging community. She will be sorely missed.


  10. Anonymous Says:

    I didn't get to "know" Dewey until this year, when she was hosting another read-a-thon. I admire her enthusiasm and laud her spirit to unify this community.


  11. Melody Says:

    Matt - I didn't know Dewey very well, but overall I was simply in awe of her. I really admire her enthusiasm, her energy in bringing this community together. She's an inspiration to us all.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.