Melody

Teaser Tuesdays


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser sentences for today [Dewey:The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter (Pg 13)]:

By now it had been twenty minutes since I pulled the kitten out of the drop box, and I'd had plenty of time to think through a few things - the once common practice of keeping library cats, my ongoing plan to make the library more friendly and appealing, the logistics of bowls and food and cat litter, the trusting expression on the kitten's face when he burrowed into my chest and looked up into my eyes. So I was more than prepared when someone finally asked, "What should we do with him?"

"Well," I said, as if the thought had just occured to me, "maybe we can keep him."



Musing Mondays

How long do you wait after finishing a book before you pick/start another one? How many books do you have planned ahead or do you pick up random books from your tbr pile (if you have one)? Do you review right away or keep reading and come back to it later?

I always start reading another book immediately I have finished a book. It is choosing what book to read next is the question. Most of the times, I choose and read books accordingly to my mood, and I do not plan ahead for my reading because I know I may not stick to it anyway. Maybe this is one reason why I do not complete some of the reading challenges; I might have the interest of reading them upon the time I signed up for the challenges, but time and mood just got in the way. I suppose I need to restrain myself from buying more new books before I finish those from my TBR pile but oh, it is so hard to do so! As for reviewing, I always try to do it right after I have finished a book because that is the time my memory/opinion of the book remains the clearest.

15 Responses
  1. I have a harder time picking out what to read next when I don't have any challenge books on my list! It's actually part of the reason why I like them so much. Otherwise, I could stare at my bookshelf for way too long with that blank look. :)

    I've heard great things about Dewey!!


  2. Melody Says:

    Trish - LOL. I can see your point. Still, I just can't pass those challenges... they're so fun and addictive! I'm enjoying reading Dewey, I felt so sorry for the cat.


  3. Julia Says:

    I think am with you Melody. That if I chose a book to read in the order I want to read it for a challenge, I weren't be in the mood to read it later - when it's times to read it. It habit of mine that it happen to me all the times. And no matter how many times I tell myself I won't buy anymore books, my TBR pile end up growing anyway....

    And I tend to wait a few while before I post my reviews LOL


  4. Melody Says:

    Julia - I don't think we can ever stop buying books, eh? I do understand you want to gather your thoughts before writing your reviews. ;)


  5. Debi Says:

    My problem is I have too many books going at one time! Even when I finish one book, I'm still in the middle of 5 others. It drives me crazy, but I can't seem to stop doing it.

    I'm really hoping to read that book someday soon! Are you enjoying it?


  6. Ladytink_534 Says:

    I have Dewey but I haven't started it yet.

    My Teaser & My Musing


  7. Ana S. Says:

    "I suppose I need to restrain myself from buying more new books before I finish those from my TBR pile but oh, it is so hard to do so!"

    I hear you, my friend :P


  8. The Bookworm Says:

    great teaser, I like that book cover, so cute.

    I agree, I need to stop getting new books and work on my TBR pile :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  9. Melody Says:

    Debi - I can't read more than two books at a time, or I'll get confused! LOL. Oh yes, I'm enjoying reading the book! It's really good.

    Jen - I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you're done with it. :)

    Nymeth - I know this is one weakness we booklovers couldn't help it! ;P

    Naida - I love the bookcover too! I fell in love with it the moment I laid my eyes on it.


  10. Iliana Says:

    Melody you are good -- getting to your reviews soon after you finish a book. I need to be better about that because you are right, that is when the book is freshest in your mind. I take some notes but my note taking skills but I guess I have to work on those too ;)


  11. Melody Says:

    Iliana - That's because I know I tend to have a short memory so I thought it's better to review quickly than later! LOL.


  12. Alice Says:

    Melody, I think the not-buying-books policy does not quite work on us. :( A week ago, I just placed a humoungous amount of order with Acmabooks since they have this 26% discount going on. How to resist, right? So I succumbed and bought quite a lot from my wish list. LOL.

    Great teaser from Dewey! Please let me know how you like the book. I've been wanting to buy it but every time I picked it up, I placed it back on the shelf... I might just get it next time I see it.


  13. Shana Says:

    The cat in that picture is so adorable. I want to pick him up and squeeze him!!!


  14. Melody Says:

    Alice - You're right that we booklovers will never stop buying books! LOL. I bought some books from Acmabooks recently...it definitely helps our budget with their discount, isn't it? BTW, I still haven't received Anne Stuart's book from them...hopefully next week. *sigh* I'm enjoying Dewey so far; I hope you'll get it soon. ;)

    Shana - Dewey's so adorable, isn't he? And I think he's very handsome too. ;)


  15. Alice Says:

    I hope you'll get Anne Stuart's book soon. I'm expecting mine by next week too. Can't wait to read it together! :D


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.