Melody
There is an ancient Chinese Proverb that says "Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea for one."

I don't know why, but I seem to be addicted to green tea, the way a coffee lover needs his or her regular fix. I drink it almost every day... hmm...must be the caffeine in it. Better still it benefits our health as well (at least most articles I read said so).

I am also obsessed with anything that links with green tea. My perfume, handwash gel, dishwashing foam are all associated with green tea. You must think I'm insane, but I just love the fresh scent. Ah...

General Instructions on Brewing Green Tea:
  • Fill a kettle of water and bring to boil
  • Use one tea bag per cup
  • Once the water is boiled, pour it over the tea bag and allow to steep for 3 minutes
  • Remove the tea bag and allow it to cool for a minute or two

Not as complicated as preparing a cup of good coffee in my opinion. Hehe. And now, will you believe me I am enjoying my cup of green tea as I am writing this? ;P

Labels: edit post
14 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    I don't think we ever use the same kind of green tea as Singapore do. What kind do you use?

    Would love to try the green tea that you drink :)


  2. Melody Says:

    I usually drink Japanese green tea. :)


  3. Julia Says:

    Is there flavor? Hey why don't you sent me your green tea, I would love to try it LOL


  4. Melody Says:

    Well, I just can't describe its flavour to you...but I'd send some to you if I have the chance! ;P


  5. Julia Says:

    Good! I want to try some. And see if Singapore are same in U.S.

    *noticing on paper* Melody sending me some green tea package...*end notice* LOL


  6. Jennifer Says:

    I MISS the your Green Tea!!! The Green Tea I had when I was over there was different from ours!!! The tea over there is sooo much better . . . . . I can't wait to visit again!!!!


  7. Melody Says:

    Hey girl, I can't wait for your next visit!!! In the meantime, I will have to send you those green tea sachets as I did last time! LOL.

    Julia, look out for the green tea sachets coming your way...probably after my trip! Hehe.


  8. Jennifer Says:

    I know the tea was YUMMY the last time you sent :)!!! *with fingers crossed* only 1 year until the next visit!!!! :)!!


  9. Julia Says:

    Great! Can't wait to try those green tea sachets whenever you sent it....

    And see - even your friend Jennifer know that the green tea here is different from the green tea in Singapore. That why I want to try your green tea so I can see the different :)



  10. Darla Says:

    I've been drinking a lot of tea lately, too, but oddly, there's no green tea in my cupboard. There's white tea, and black tea (of course), and rooibos, and different kinds of herbal teas, but no green.

    Do you drink it plain, or add sugar, milk, lemon, honey... etc.?

    Lately, I add milk and sugar to all but the fruit teas.


  11. Ute Says:

    Well, I'm off to drink a cup of tea right now. :)


  12. Melody Says:

    Darla, green teas are usually drink plainly, for you will spoil the taste if you add anything into it. :)


  13. Melody, quite the green tea lover you are. A cup of goodness in the morning is really priceless, enough to brighten up the day. And yes, it really has a host of health benefits. It just makes you feel refreshed because of its anti-oxidants. It's even beneficial to our dental health!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.