Melody
This is originated from a Japanese manga series. I have never read the manga but the movie is entertaining in my opinion.

The protagonist, Light Yagami is a University student and life seems normal to him, until he finds a mysterious notebook with the title 'Death Note' on the ground one day. He is a righteous fellow and he resents the crime and corruption in the world, given that his dad works in the police field. Feeling curious about the book, he opens it and learns that if someone's name is written on it, the person shall die. He is skeptical at first and think it is all a joke, but decides to try it on the criminals who have escaped from their penalties. The next thing he knows, they are dead. After he meets Ryuk, who is the master of the Death Note and doesn't seem to be unfazed by the 'new' owner, Light seeks to hold righteous by eliminating all the baddies in the world.

Soon, the number of unexplainable deaths of reported criminals catches the International Police Organization attention, and with a mysterious detective who is known only as "L", they began to track the mastermind behind the mysterious deaths which they feel it isn't right for this person to kill unfairly, although the intention is good in some ways. With L sharp wit and observation, he soon finds out the mastermind is located in Japan and that he is a student who can kill without laying a finger on the people.

Light began to realize L will become his greatest nemesis, and the two began a race to prove they have the mental superiority against the other.
I watched this on DVD and this is just part one of the movie. Now I have to wait for the other DVD Death Note: The Last Name to be released.
Labels: edit post
7 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Death note sound good, is this spoken in japanese only or is there an english verison?


  2. Melody Says:

    It's spoken in Japanese but I'm glad there's English subtitles! LOL.


  3. Julia Says:

    oh goodies! Then I can follow the movie with English subtitles then - yay!


  4. Unknown Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. Melody Says:

    My apologies! I have accidentally deleted a comment by Wen Hui (as above). This is what she wrote:

    I LOVE DEATH NOTE!!
    I have comics of it,and of course I saw movies.
    But the end of story is different from comics and movie.
    I have seen comics in English of Death Note at a book store. If you are interested in Death Note,you should read it!

    Thanks, Wen Hui for your comments!


  6. Unknown Says:

    Hello,Melody.
    I posted my comment a few minutes ago,but I deleted it by myself. My name was in Japanese,so I worried that you might not know who I am. So,I tried to post my comment under the name "fiveblossom" again. But I couldn't do that.

    Do you know who this is? I'm fiveblossom who are administrator of a blog named "Laughter brings good luck!". Thanks for visiting my blog. I like your blog. I'll visit your blog again.


  7. Melody Says:

    Hello, fiveblossom! Of course I remember you, I got the Kit Kat pic from you!!! Thanks again. :)

    Glad you like my blog. :) Do drop by more often! See ya around...


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.