Melody




ISBN-13: 9780373772483
Publisher: Harlequin
Pub. Date: February 2008
256pp


This is a reissue copy, and a refreshed version revised by author, Cherry Adair which was originally published in 1994. Because this book is printed this year, I will add this book to The Pub Challenge.

T-FLAC is an elite antiterrorist task force and agent Alexander "Lynx" Stone went missing. When his sister, Victoria Jones, a sensible bookkeeper, finds out that her brother is being held prisoner, she approaches his brother's T-FLAC partner, Marc Sarvin to rescue him. However, Marc left T-FLAC after his lover Krista is dead and what's worse was she used to be a double agent and had lied to him from the start. Marc then decided to live a solitary life on a ranch and wanted nothing to do with T-FLAC anymore.

So when he finds Victoria came uninvited to his house, he is surprised because he just couldn't picture she and Alex being siblings. In the end, Victoria managed to convince him after she has told him about the special assignment Alex was in before he had gone missing, for no one knew about this and Alex has told her to look for Marc in case she hasn't heard from him for some time. Marc is reluctant to help her in the beginning; he is sure Alex is dead and she is just wasting her time but Victoria explained that she and Alex are twins and they have a special ability of communicating through telepathy. She is very sure that Alex is alive and is being held captive somewhere.

With Victoria's special ability, Marc brings her along for this rescue mission as they travel to various locations to find the man they love, and couldn't help falling in love with each other along the way.

The Mercenary starts the beginning of Cherry Adair's T-FLAC series. I didn't know about this until I read her note to her readers from this book. As I have yet to follow the series, I couldn't comment much but the heroine in this book has left a deep impression on me. Despite Marc giving her a cold shoulder in the beginning, she still manages to grit her teeth and stand her ground through the whole "confrontation" with him. Some might be put off by Marc's attitude towards Victoria initially, but then he had had a bad experience and was hurt before so that explains his behaviour and his outlook of life. I was glad he had overcame it all in the end, and that the readers of romance suspense genre will enjoy this revised copy of The Mercenary.

__________________________

Due to some medical problems, I was told by the doc to stay in bed for the past few days, thus that explains my absence from internet/blogging. Believe me, it was boring and wasn't fun at all, but I did spend some time reading a few books and clearing some from my TBR pile! I can't wait to catch up with reading everyone's blog and I too hope you all have read some good books as well. :)
8 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, please take care of yourself. I hope you're feeling better now...

    P/S: I have been reading some great books and bought some more too. :)


  2. Ana S. Says:

    I hope you're feeling better, Melody. Here's a bit of good news for you: you won a book in my giveaway!


  3. Alice Says:

    Congratulations, Melody!


  4. Melody, I do hope you are feeling better soon! Definitely take care of yourself.


  5. trish Says:

    I'll be happy to see you posting again! :-)


  6. Melody Says:

    Alice - Thank you. :) I'm feeling much better now. Glad to hear you've been reading and bought some books too.

    Nymeth - Thanks! :) I'm so thrilled to hear I've won! Thank you so much for hosting this giveaway.

    Wendy - Thanks! :) I'll definitely take extra care of my health.

    Trish - Thank you. :) I sure missed visiting everyone.


  7. Jane Says:

    Oh no Melody are you ok now? Sorry to hear you have been ill. That is no fun. This book looks exciting though and I hope it kept you compnay while you were down.
    {{HUGS}}
    Jaimie


  8. Melody Says:

    Jaimie, I'm definitely feeling much better now. Thanks! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.