Melody

Photobucket

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser is from Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (page 32).

"...Do you know, there are two odious young men who have been staring at me this half hour. They really put me quite out of countenance..."

8 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Now you make me want to go read it right away, Melody. Time to dig it out of my TBR! LOL


  2. Melody Says:

    I'm hoping you'll read it soon, Alice! ;P


  3. I just love the vernacular of the 18th century English writers and this captures it so accurately.


  4. Ruth King Says:

    That's a great line! Northanger Abbey is one of my favorites.


  5. Melody Says:

    Jan - Indeed! The writing is just so beautiful, isn't it?

    Ruth - I'm hoping it'd be as good as Pride and Prejudice. ;)


  6. Anonymous Says:

    LOL. That "teaser" reminds me of a REAL-LIFE circumstance that happened to me in college (where 2 guys would sit and stare at me for long periods of time in the lounge... until finally, 3 weeks later, they got up the nerve to actually introduce themselves! LOL. And good timing, too, 'cause I was about ready to give them a piece of my mind! LOL). :P

    MizB


  7. Ruth King Says:

    Melody -- It's a close second to P&P for me. Have you seen the latest BBC adaptation of Northanger? It was really well done. I enjoyed it quite a bit.


  8. Melody Says:

    Mizb - LOL. I'm glad they approached you in the end. Thanks for sharing. :D

    Ruth - No, I haven't. I'll have to look out for it... it can be hard to find them here! :(


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.