Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

As quoted by Marcia:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *

My find this week is Lavender Morning by Jude Deveraux. (I am a fan of Jude Deveraux's historical romance but with this gorgeous cover, I don't think I will miss it!)


Publisher: Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
Published: March 2009

Synopsis:

Jocelyn Minton is a woman torn between two worlds. Her mother grew up attending private schools and afternoon teas, but she married the local handyman. After her mother died when Joce was only five years old, her father remarried into his own class, and Joce became an outsider — until she met Edilean Harcourt. Although she was sixty years Joce's senior, Miss Edi was a kindred soul who understood her like no one else ever had.

When Miss Edi passes away, she leaves Joce all her worldly possessions, including an eighteenth-century house and a letter with clues to a mystery that began in 1941. In the letter, Miss Edi also mentions that she has found the perfect man for Joce — a handsome young lawyer. Joce is shocked to learn that the mystery, the house, and the future love of her life are all in Edilean, a small town in Virginia that Miss Edi never told her about. Hurt that the woman who meant so much to her kept so many secrets, Jocelyn moves to this tight-knit village in an attempt to understand the legacy that has been left to her. As she begins to dig into Miss Edi's mystery, she soon discovers some shocking surprises about her family's history and her own future — and she meets a man with his own mysterious past.

* * * * *

To find out more or participate go to The Printed Page every Wednesday.
17 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wow Mel! That really is a gorgeous cover! And the story sounds interesting. I can't wait to see what you have to say about it when you do get around to it. :)


  2. Alice Says:

    Beautiful cover, Melody! The story sounds good too.


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I love big old southern houses and I love mysteries! I wouldn't be able to resist this cover if I'd see it on the shelves!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Hi!☺
    I just wanted you to know that I enjoy your blog! I'm so glad you pointed out the event at the Printed Page...that gives me another great book blog to read! Also, I will be keeping my eyes peeled for this book as it looks and sounds great!

    I just started my own humble book review blog this year...but I'm just now getting around to getting friendly with others of like mind. Come see me if you get the chance!


  5. Iliana Says:

    I've not read Jude Deveraux in ages! I'll be looking forward to your review to see if I need to revisit this author :)


  6. Darlene Says:

    That is a gorgeous cover. I'd love to be there. The book sounds good too. I just love this feature. Of course I haven't done mine yet but I'm getting there. For some reason I thought today was Tuesday.


  7. I personally like my covers a bit simpler and plainer. Still, there's a peaceful sort of beauty to this cover. Not my style, but quite elegant.


  8. Melody Says:

    Jessica - That's a beautiful cover, isn't it? I'd buy it if I see it on the shelves the next time I visit the bookstore! ;)

    Alice - Yes, it's a bonus to have a beautiful cover and a good story, isn't it? :)

    Sandy - I think I'd buy the books based on the covers. I can't resist a gorgeous cover! I studied graphic designs before and maybe that explains why I'm more of a visual person.

    Tammy - Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog! I hope you'll visit again! I'll be sure to visit you and add your link to my blogroll. :)

    Iliana - Oh, I loved her historical romance! I think she's writing more contemp. romance nowadays and I so missed her previous works!

    Dar - I just can't resist this cover! I'm glad most of you like it.

    Anonymous Child - I do like simple and plain covers too!

    I liked the overall effects of this cover, and I happen to like the colour blue and purple.


  9. I have read anything by this author but my coworker really enjoys her books. It is a really beautiful cover, though!


  10. Melody Says:

    Trish - I adore her historicals... I really wish she would write more of them since I've noticed she's writing more contemps lately.


  11. Julia Says:

    I adore Jude Deveraux historical work too. I have enjoy most of what I've read by her back in those days. I wish she write more historical books though. And yes that is attraction bookcover!


  12. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Oh I haven't read Jude Deveraux in forever! Love the cover on this one too :)


  13. The Bookworm Says:

    very nice cover!I read The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux and enjoyed it.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  14. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I've just awarded you something cool! Come and see!


  15. Melody Says:

    Julia - Her historical romance is the best, isn't it? ;)

    Jen - I'll have to get this book once it's released! ;P

    Naida - I haven't read The Summerhouse yet! I'll have to look out for this one as well.

    Sandy - Thank you so much, Sandy! I'll have to check it out. :)


  16. That is a lovely cover.


  17. Melody Says:

    Wendy - Indeed it is!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.