Melody


I haven't been doing Weekly Geeks for a while and I really missed doing so! This week's issue is a revisiting theme from Dewey and I am glad to see this theme is brought up to our attention once again!




Here's the rule:
1. Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I've written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.

2. Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post.

3. Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.

4. Leave a note somewhere on your blog to let people know this is your new policy.

5. Write a post later this week letting us know how your project is going!


I love reading other bookbloggers' reviews and it is always fun comparing notes (not to mention it is always helpful when we are in need of some recommendations/advice of a certain book). So whenever I have finished reading a book, I will google the reviews of that book and link it onto my review post. However, please do not feel bad if I have accidentally missed your review as my doing so is entirely unintentional. I love hearing everyone's opinions so please feel free to send me the link of your review post if you want it to be linked to mine (and vice versa). Anyway, here is my reading history for your easy reference.

Happy reading and happy linking!
Labels: edit post
8 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I feel so bad, although I have read a few books from your 2008 list, unfortunately I haven't reviewed any of them. I do have a few in my TBR pile though, I'll remember to link them when I do a review.


  2. Ladytink_534 Says:

    I agree! I swear one day I'm going to get bored and go through all my posts and start linking to bloggers. Google Reader's search feature really comes in handy sometimes :)


  3. Alice Says:

    Just like you, I love reading the views of other bookbloggers as well. Can't imagine life without all of you! :D


  4. Kathy Says:

    Hi, Melody! I noticed a few days ago that you have a new look...and I think it is Fantastic! This book layout look is perfect for you. Most excellent, I must say! Hope you have a great day, and a great week!


  5. Ana S. Says:

    I think all the reviews we have in common are already interlinked. But isn't it nice to see a revival of this theme?


  6. Melody Says:

    Violet - No worries, Violet! :)

    Jen - I'm hoping to go through my posts and adding more links onto it! Well, I hope I've some time to do that!! ;P

    Alice - It's always great to hear other readers' opinions, isn't it? Book blogs are the best! :D

    Kathy - Hi, Kathy! I'm so glad to hear from you! I hope things are well over there! :) I'm glad you like my new template!

    Nymeth - Yes! I'm glad to see this theme is being revived once again! :)


  7. This is one of those things that I started doing with Weekly Geeks and have sometimes kept up sometimes not. I always wondered if anyone ever clicked on the other reviews--good to know you like to hop around for different opinions.


  8. Melody Says:

    Trish - I love hearing what other readers have to say about the books I read. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.