Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Here's my teaser for today:


With an almost detached glance Rachel Chandler looked down to see her strong, pale hand grip the armrest of the 747 that was gleefully soaring through air pockets and the most god-awful turbulence to the peaceful paradise of Hawaii. If I hold on tight enough, she thought in a controlled panic, then this ridiculously heavy piece of machinery won't fall out of the sky and into the vast, green-blue Pacific Ocean beneath us.


(Pg 13, Tangled Lies by Anne Stuart)
12 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Oh wow!

    I've got to find that book!

    Hawaii is a dream destination for me and has been for a long while!


  2. LOL Poor Rachel, afraid of flying. I was fortunate that there wasn't a lot of turbulence on my flight to Hawaii. :-)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    What a wonderful teaser! That captures such terror and suspense in just two sentences.
    Excellent writing!


  4. Julia Says:

    I don't blame Rachel, Melody. Heck I am afraid to fly too LOL ! Never been to Hawaii but hope to someday!

    Great teaser, Melody! And what an interesting old bookcover. And I am having fun joint-reading this book with you and Alice :)


  5. Melody Says:

    Tammy - This book has been reissued lately with a different cover. I hope you'll get this book soon! :)

    Wendy - Yeah, I really sympathize with Rachel. But I'm glad she reached safely, LOL.

    Jessica - I think so too! Wait till you read the rest! ;P

    Julia - I'm hoping to visit Hawaii one day! I know it's a beautiful place!

    I got this book from BookMooch so I don't think we can find this book with the reissued copy out now. ;)

    I've great fun reading this book with you and Alice too! :D


  6. Kaye Says:

    Boy, that is a heartstopper of a teaser. Good one!

    Here's my Teaser


  7. Alice Says:

    Haha! I remember that part. :D


  8. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Is this by the same Anne Stuart who wrote the Ice series?



  9. Melody Says:

    Kaye - It sounds scary for anyone who hates flying, isn't it? ;)

    Alice - I bet you do! LOL.

    Jen - Yes! This is one of her older works but you're able to find a reissued copy with a new cover.

    Krishna - Thanks!

    Naida - It sure is intense! ;)


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Interesting - the book I'm reading right now is abt a plane crash. {and, my father would probably ask and what does that have to do with anything?)

    I've been meaning to tell you - I love your blog's look!


  11. Melody Says:

    Care - Thanks! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on that book you're reading! ;)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.