Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *


Sunflowers by Sheramy Bundrick
ISBN-13: 9780061765278
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Published: October 2009

Synopsis (From B&N):

"I'd heard about him but had never seen him, the foreigner with the funny name who wandered the countryside painting pictures."

From a talented new author comes a poignant and haunting novel of creation and desire, passion and madness, art and love.

A young prostitute seeking temporary refuge from the brothel, Rachel awakens in a beautiful garden in Arles to discover she is being sketched by a red-haired man in a yellow straw hat. This is no ordinary artist but the eccentric painter Vincent van Gogh—and their meeting marks the beginning of a remarkable relationship. He arrives at their first assignation at No. 1, Rue du Bout d'Arles, with a bouquet of wildflowers and a request to paint her—and before long, a deep, intense attachment grows between Rachel and the gifted, tormented soul.

But the sanctuary Rachel seeks from her own troubled past cannot be found here, for demons war within Vincent's heart and mind. And one shocking act will expose the harsh, inescapable truth about the artist she has grown to love more than life.

14 Responses
  1. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Jennifer at Literate Housewife just did a review on this one! Looks great!


  2. Marg Says:

    I have this book to read at some point! The cover is great isn't it!


  3. Veens Says:

    I don't think i like this one :( sorry!


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    I like this cover, sunflowers are my favorite :) and the book sounds good.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  5. Ana S. Says:

    Wow, that IS a stunning cover!


  6. Ceri Says:

    Wow! A novel of Van Gogh? That's something I definitely gotta read! :D


  7. Iliana Says:

    This is definitely going on my radar. I read his letters to his brother earlier this year and was really impressed by what I learned about him. I just love so many of his paintings.


  8. bermudaonion Says:

    I've got about 10 pages left in this book and believe me, it lives up to the gorgeous cover!


  9. Violet Says:

    I don't quite like the wilted sunflowers but I love the synopsis :)


  10. Anonymous Says:

    When I glanced at the cover I didn't realize it was a novel. This sounds good!


  11. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone, for your comments! This is a pretty cover, isn't it? I'm definitely intrigued by the premise since I'd like to know more about this great artist.


  12. Alice Says:

    The cover is so Van Gogh! Absolutely gorgeous!


  13. Melody Says:

    Alice - It sure is!


  14. Julia Says:

    That is a lovely cover, Melody!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.