Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *

What do you think of these two covers? I have to say I love the first cover most!


Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore

Synopsis (From B&N):

Nimira is a foreign music-hall girl forced to dance for mere pennies. When wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to sing with a piano-playing automaton, Nimira believes it is the start of a new and better life. In Parry's world, however, buried secrets are beginning to stir. Unsettling below-stairs rumors swirl about ghosts, a madwoman roaming the halls, and Parry's involvement with a league of sorcerers who torture fairies for sport. Then Nimira discovers the spirit of a fairy gentleman named Erris is trapped inside the clockwork automaton, waiting for someone to break his curse. The two fall into a love that seems hopeless, and breaking the curse becomes a race against time, as not just their love, but the fate of the entire magical world may be in peril.

10 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Both covers are great but I love the first one best. :D


  2. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    I'm voting for cover number 1. It has a more magical quality!


  3. Veens Says:

    WoW! Definitely the 1st one! Ever since I started doing this meme, this is the 1st week I am finding it difficult to find a good cover :)


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I like the first cover! It's very interesting and eye catching. I could read this if I find it on the bookstores! Have you reviewed it already?


  5. Wanda Says:

    First cover! First Cover! My grandmother (rest her soul) used to have an antique wine decanter that looked alot like the picture of the first cover. It only ever appeared at Christmas time. The figures in the dome actually danced to the wind up music box on the base.


  6. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone!
    I'm not surprised the first cover has the most votes. It's beautiful and has a magical edge to it, isn't it?


  7. I think I like the first cover best too.


  8. Julia Says:

    When I see these two covers, I think of it as being sweet, innocence and romance teehehe.



  9. Iliana Says:

    Ah that story sounds really cute but I probably wouldn't have noticed the book if I'd only seen the bottom cover. The top one is really great and more intriguing I think.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.