Melody
Book Chick City is hosting the Thriller & Suspense Reading Challenge and don't you think the button is lovely?

Participants are to read 12 thrillers beginning January 1st thru December 31st, 2010.

Details:

• You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.

• If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the links I have set up below with the buttons to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun.

• If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in.

• You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.

• There will be a place for you to link your reviews, but this is optional.

For more details, click here.



I love reading YA books so I am participating again in the Young Adult Reading Challenge which is hosted by the lovely J. Kaye. I am going for the Mini YA Reading Challenge where I am required to read 12 books beginning January 1st thru December 31st, 2010.

Here are a few options you can choose:

The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.

Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.

Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.

Guidelines:

  • Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. (Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post. To learn how to sign up without having a blog, click here).
  • Audio, eBooks, paper all count.
  • No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
For more details, click here.


I am glad that Jenn is hosting the popular TBR Lite for 2010 once again and since I have a fun time participating this challenge this year, I am joining it again next year. I am going for Option B since I have no idea what titles to read for this challenge. I am such a moody reader.

There are 3 options for this challenge:

OPTION A: read 6 books in 12 months ~ your list of books CANNOT be changed, but you are allowed to have an “Alternates” list to choose from (like in the Original TBR Challenge).
OPTION B: read 6 books in 12 months ~ you CAN change your reading list throughout the year
OPTION C: make up a list of however many books you think you could get read in 12 months, as long as they are from your TBR stack/list, and then read them between January 1st and December 31st. You must have at least 3 books on your list.

Some Other General Guidelines:

  • You are allowed to overlap with other challenges
  • Audiobooks are allowed
  • e-Books are allowed, but must still be books that you’ve wanted to read for at least 3, or more, months
  • You should still have a list of books posted somewhere for others to see
  • You don’t have to read your books in the order you put them on your list

There is also a Yahoo group set up for this challenge. Learn more at the post about the challenge.

15 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    WOW three more challenge to participate in for next year! I know that the first Challenge "Thriller and Suspense Reading Challenge 2010" won't be problem for you, since you love reading thriller books! But all the other sound fun too. I wish you good luck in the challenge this coming 2010 :)


  2. Veens Says:

    That's great.. I might join the YA challenge :)


  3. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    J. Kaye has been busy lately with all those challenges. I've got a few of them that stretch into 2010 already. I do intend to repeat the Original TBR Challenge, as I loved it this year. It just forces me to read some really good books that get lost because of my fickleness. I know that I will also be taking part in the War Through the Generations Challenge again too, whenever Serena and Anna announce it!


  4. Unknown Says:

    Hi Melody, welcome to the Thriller & Suspense challenge and thanks for joining! Have fun! :)


  5. Debi Says:

    I'm severely limiting my challenges for the coming year. At least, I'm really trying hard to. :D I gotta tell you these are three that REALLY tempt me...but so far I'm saying "no"! ;) Good luck, Melody!!!


  6. Beth F Says:

    I know it's that time of year. I really need to make my final choices soon. That thriller challenge sounds good and so does J. Kaye's YA.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Welcome to the YA Reading Challenge! 2010 is going to be a fun year!



  8. Ana S. Says:

    Good luck, and most importantly, have fun! I'll need yo decide which ones I'm doing soon...


  9. bermudaonion Says:

    Great challenges! I love the button for the Thriller & Suspense Challenge. Good luck!


  10. Care Says:

    I think it is nuttier this year than last in all the challenges but i do agree it is very fun! Good for you. I think I committed to a 20 book off the in-house TBR without buying new that I know I best refer back to the rules. Atleast it's not Jan 1 yet so I think I can relax. Have fun!


  11. Alice Says:

    Have fun with the challenges, Melody! I'm not sure if I'd be participating but we'll see. :)


  12. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone! I'm sure I'll have great fun with these challenges! :D


  13. Serena Says:

    I'm thinking about joining the crime/thriller challenge as well.


  14. Good luck with your challenges next year, Melody. I am going to be taking a break from all challenges this coming year. It is hard not to sign up as so many are very tempting.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.