Melody
This is a weekly event hosted by Marcia of The Printed Page every Wednesday.

Marcia says:

I love beautiful, and interesting, cover art so every Wednesday I post my 'Cover Attraction' for the week along with a synopsis of the book. Everyone is welcome to stop by and, if they'd like, post a link to their favorite weekly book cover.

* * * * *



I found two covers for Angels of Destruction by Keith Donohue. Which one do you prefer?

Synopsis (From B&N):

From a talented new author comes a poignant and haunting novel of creation and desire, passion and madness, art and love.

Margaret Quinn lives alone, quietly mourning the disappearance of her only child, who fled ten years earlier to join a radical student group known as the Angels of Destruction.

On a cold winter’s night, a nine-year-old girl arrives on Margaret’s doorstep, claiming to be an orphan with no place to go. This child beguiles Margaret, and together they hatch a plan to pass her off as her newly found granddaughter, Norah Quinn.

Their conspiracy is made vulnerable by Norah’s magical revelations to the children of the town, and by a lone figure shadowing the girl, who threatens to reveal the child’s true identity and purpose. Who are these strangers really? And what is their connection to the past, the Angels, and Margaret’s long-missing daughter?

10 Responses
  1. Matt Says:

    Could the child be some kind of a spy? This book intrigues me!


  2. Melody Says:

    Matt - Sounds like an interesting story, isn't it?


  3. Veens Says:

    Wowwww! I love the 1st one definitely :) and YES the book does sound nice :)


  4. Violet Says:

    I've seen the second cover and it's really pretty but never came across the first, both are equally pretty.


  5. Ladytink_534 Says:

    That Donahue cover could have worked for The Stolen Child too. Gorgeous!


  6. Melody Says:

    Veens, Violet - Both covers look lovely! But I think I'm leaning towards #1.

    Jen - I think so too!


  7. Alice Says:

    Both covers are fabulous looking, Melody!


  8. The Bookworm Says:

    This sounds like an intersting read, both cover are nice. I think I like the second one best.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  9. Melody Says:

    Alice - That's what I thought! :)

    Naida - The premise sounds intriguing, isn't it? I'll have to check out the book.


  10. Darlene Says:

    Oh gosh, you know I can usually pick a favorite but this time I honestly can't. I really like them both. I guess though if they were both in front of me and I was going to buy one it would be the first one.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.