Melody
ISBN-13: 9781890862671
Publisher: Bancroft Press
Published: January 2010
161 pgs
Source: Bancroft Press




I have not read anything by Eileen Boggess, so when Bancroft Press offered me an opportunity to review this book, I said yes because the premise sounds like a fun read to me, and don't you think that cover is colourful and eye-catching?

Mia The Magnificent is actually the third instalment of Eileen Boggess' Mia Fullerton series. In this book, sixteen-year-old Mia has already battled over her shyness and acquired new confidence from the previous two instalments - Mia the Meek and Mia the Melodramatic but there are more adventures and new challenges awaiting her in this instalment and this time around, she has to prove to herself that she could be an independent girl regardless if it is a lead role she has to play in a school musical, learning to drive, dealing with an ex-boyfriend who seems to be giving her all the mixed signals, and not to mention her over-protective parents and a few issues that are tossed into her path.

Despite I have not read the first two instalments, I still enjoyed reading this book. Mia is a great character; she has a zest for life and I liked the way she always stay true to herself despite the peer pressures she has to face at times.

Another thing I liked about this book is the witty dialogues. There isn't a dull moment as Mia and her friends kept me entertained throughout the story. Eileen Boggess managed to capture the emotions of the characters (and the scenarios) well which I am sure most tweens would be able to relate to.

All in all, I had a great reading experience and it makes me wonder what would be in store for Mia in the next instalment.

6 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Hi Melody, I'm glad you enjoyed this book! It sure sounds fun, this one!


  2. Iliana Says:

    This sounds cute. The cover is cute too but I got the impression it was for younger readers and those books I really don't read. Now, YA is a different thing :)

    Glad you had fun with the book and you'll have to tell us if you read more about Mia's adventures.


  3. Veens Says:

    Wow, this sounds like the book for me! :) :) Very cute :)


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    Thats a cute cover and the book sounds good!
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  5. Melody Says:

    Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoyed reading this book, it was hilarious!


  6. Julia Says:

    Sound like Mia is a great character to be proud of :) I enjoy reading your review :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.