Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!


The following Monday morning, as Lisa wheeled me down the St. Hilary's hallway, I felt like the princess in some sort of warped homecoming parade. Everyone stopped and stared at my still-swollen face and bandaged body, and I didn't know if I should wave, say hi, or throw candy at them.




(Pg 108, Mia the Magnificent by Eileen Boggess)

9 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Swollen face? Why???


  2. Melody Says:

    Alice - That's because Mia has been in an accident.


  3. Julia Says:

    Hmmm I wonder what happen to the girl...interesting. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book as much as when you were excited to buy the book :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Julia - I can't tell you, you've to read the review or better still, the book. ;)


  5. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Wonder what happened to her?! Great teaser!


  6. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    THat is hilarious! It doesn't take much for a teenager to feel on display!



  7. Wanda Says:

    Poor kid! So is this one aimed at young adults or middle grade readers?

    Here's mine.


  8. Melody Says:

    Jen - You'll have to find that out later, LOL.

    Sandy - I'm having a good time reading this book. It's so funny!

    Gautami - Maybe, hehe.

    Wanda - YA probably, since the protagonist is a 16-yr-old girl, but I think middle grade readers would enjoy it too.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.