Melody
So I mentioned on Facebook yesterday that my mailbox was jammed, and this was due to a few book packages had arrived at the same time but mainly it was a cardboard box that caused the jam. Anyway, I was glad the problem was fixed after a telephone call to the post office.

Here are the books that arrived into my house:

A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott
Freak Magnet by Andrew Auseon

And here are the books I bought for my daughter:

Strawberry Shortcake: A Picnic Adventure by Lisa Gallo, Laura Thomas (Illustrator)
Ballet School by Sierra Harimann, Lisa Workman (Illustrator)

Reading wise, I'm currently reading Linger by Maggie Stiefvater and I'm enjoying every moment of it. I knew many of you have read this second instalment of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series and loving it, so I can't wait to find out what would happen between Sam and Grace. Besides this, I'm also reading Toy Story 1 - 3 Disney graphic novels and since each novel has about 50 pages I think I'll be able to finish reading them very soon. What I love about these graphic novels is not only the illustrations are in colour but they have also made me want to watch those animations all over again.

Onto a non-bookish note, next Monday we are going to register our eldest daughter for the admission to Primary One school for Year 2011. How time flies, eh? Six years ago today, she was only a 4-month-old baby. Where has the time go? Now can you understand why I started to post my Nostalgic Moments on this blog, so that when I get old and weak I've something to look back and remember. Ah.

So my daughter was telling me that she'd like to have her best friend attend the same school as her. Since I knew her friend's mother, we have planned to go to the school together for the registration. I just hope luck would be on us so we'd have no problem with the registration, after all if the number exceeded the limit there'd be a ballot. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

I hope everyone has a great weekend ahead. I shall be catching up on blogs reading/commenting once I'm back next Tuesday.

Labels: , edit post
12 Responses
  1. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    You just want to tie them up and keep them in the closet. I can remember every last detail of my daughter's first day of Kindergarten. Now she is going into 7th grade and thinks I'm a goon. So I can relate with the nostalgic mood! Keep us updated!


  2. I'm so unaware of any of Alcott's works other than Little Women and Little Men. Never heard of this one!

    Primary school, huh? I bet that will be as big adjustment on you as her--hard to see your little ones growing up so quickly! Good luck with the registration process.


  3. Ana S. Says:

    Aw - they grow up so fast! Best of luck to you and your girl with everything, Melody.

    I'm very curious to see what you think of that Louisa May Alcott book! I've heard it was a thriller with feminist leanings, which of course makes me want it :P


  4. Julia Says:

    It always fun to get books in your mailbox, even if they end up jammed inside. I hope you enjoy your new books as much! And I still think Strawberry Shortcut are the cutest thing! :)

    I know what you mean about your girl attending Primary school and you just don't want your little girl to go or grow up yet. The little 6yrs old I babysit, I have been babysitting him since he was little. When he was entering first grade, I was sad that I won't be babysitting him anymore. But I was excited that I got to this summer, along with his sister and a cousin LOL!


  5. The Bookworm Says:

    wow, so many books your mailbox was jammed!
    the Strawberry Shortcake Books look so cute!

    time flies and they grow up too fast. good luck with the school registration :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  6. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Hope you and your daughter enjoy these! Strawberry Shortcake looks so odd these days...


  7. Veens Says:

    I will search for u on FB :)
    Wow! time flies! And would love to see a pic of your angel :)


  8. Violet Says:

    time definitely flies. I hope they both get into the same school.


  9. joanna Says:

    My son is only 6 months old and I can already relate to the nostalgia thing - time really does fly!! Hope the registration stuff works out for you!


  10. Alice Says:

    Kids grow up really fast (my mom keeps telling us that LOL). I hope all will go well for your daughter's school registration. :D

    Enjoy your books!


  11. Ceri Says:

    First of all, awesome looking books you've picked up there. I've never seen anything that isn't Little Women by Louisa May Alcott before so I look forward to hearing what you think of that one. :D

    Secondly, I just saw your update about your daughter's registration so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hun!


  12. Darlene Says:

    Time sure does fly - it shocks me sometimes how fast it goes. Enjoy all your books - those Shortcake books are the cutest.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.