Melody

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg and Claire that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

I think I was pretty lucky to have borrowed the following books last Friday:

1) Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (This is one of the most coveted books among many readers! And as I mentioned before I'm waiting impatiently for my copy to arrive but till now there's no news of it. When I found this in the library among the new arrivals pile, I almost squealed in delight and needless to say I had to grab it! I just couldn't believe my luck! I read a few pages that evening and wished I could read it in one sitting but alas, family calls and I didn't have the chance to read it over the weekends. Anyway, I hope to receive my copy soon so I can return this to the library for other readers to enjoy!)

2) Sleepless by Cyn Balog

3) A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley

4) Illyria by Elizabeth Hand (I have Ana to blame for getting this book! )

Labels: edit post
12 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Melody, I envy you!!! Enjoy your MOCKINGJAY! I've placed an order for my copy too because I don't know when it'll hit the bookstores in Malaysia. I suspect soon but I'm not taking any chances. LOL


  2. Have to admit that I'd never heard of Suzanne Collins' books until a week or two ago when suddenly people started talking about Mockingjay in their Library Loot posts! Glad that you were able to track down a copy!

    Enjoy your loot!


  3. Melody Says:

    Alice - I hope your copy arrive soon too!

    Claire - LOL. This series has been receiving lots of hype but it's all well-deserved. I hope the final instalment will be better than the previous two!


  4. Julia Says:

    I'm sure you are excited about MOCKINGJAY and is eager to read it soon. I heard nothing but good raves of the series. Maybe I'll check it out the first two books from library and see if it something I would enjoy reading :)


  5. Ana S. Says:

    Enjoy Illyria! And all the other ones too, of course :P


  6. Melody Says:

    Julia - I hope you'll read this series soon, Julia!

    Ana - Thanks! I can't wait to read them... if only I've more time!! :D


  7. Veens Says:

    I love the covers of all the books except for MokingJay! I hop our copy arrives sooN!


  8. Ladytink_534 Says:

    Wow! You really lucked out because the Mockingjay holds at my library are outrageous. I really want to read Sleepless. It sounds like such a neat book. Great loot and happy reading!


  9. Iliana Says:

    Oh wow, what a find! I'm glad you were able to pick up Mockingjay. I can't wait to read it too. Are there only three books planned or do you know if she's going to continue with the series?

    And, thanks to Ana I've also put Elizabeth Hand on my radar. There's another book of hers I really want to read, I think it's Mortal Love? I need to go through my list :)


  10. Violet Says:

    wow, I love all the books, such lovely covers


  11. The Bookworm Says:

    Great mailbox! Great covers on Sleepless and Illyria.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  12. Marg Says:

    I gave up on waiting for Mockingjay from the library. I ended up buying it, although I haven't received it yet. I am very impatient.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.