Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!


I'm considered a latecomer to the Mockingjay party since I've seen so many reviews already posted over the blogosphere. It fondly reminds me of the days when the final instalment of the Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga was being released, and all the waiting (and not to mention the anticipation and the overall reading journey) always make me very excited.

Anyway I'm currently at Chapter 5 and I wish I've the luxury to read this book at home right now and not to think of work and anything else. But of course that is a wishful thinking.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Of course, I hate the Capitol, but I have no confidence that my being the Mockingjay will benefit those who are trying to bring it down. How can I help the districts when every time I make a move, it results in suffering and loss of life?

(Pg 12, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins)

9 Responses
  1. violet Says:

    I haven't read even the first book in this series although I do have it in my TBR pile


  2. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    The kids and I LOVE the series, and have just started the Mockingjay audio!!!



  3. Jennifer Says:

    I have not read the series. Are you enjoying it?
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-i-curse-the-river-of-time.html


  4. The Bookworm Says:

    great teaser, I've heard good things about these books. happy reading :)
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


  5. Unknown Says:

    This is a great teser. I have yet to read any of the series and don't know much about the books so I'm loving it that you posted a teaser. And it's such an interesting one, too....I'm starting to understand what all the hubbub is about!

    Thanks Melody!
    Here's mine:
    Amy's Tuesday Teaser

    ~ Amy


  6. Iliana Says:

    I can't wait to see what happens in this one! I loved Hunger Games and liked the second one too although not as much. I'm hoping Mockingjay has the same intensity I found in Hunger Games. Enjoy your book!


  7. Julia Says:

    I'm sure you are enjoying MOCKINGJAY so far, Melody! I hope you enjoy the rest of the book :)


  8. Alice Says:

    I'm reading this on Kindle. HURRAH!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.