Melody

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page where readers get to share the books that came into their house last week.

I bought and received the following book from The Book Depository after reading so much rave reviews about it:

1) How to Be an American Housewife by Margaret Dilloway (I love reading about other cultures and don't you think the cover is lovely?)

What books came into your house last week?



I mentioned this on Facebook last Friday but I want to share this good news here again: My daughter has gotten a place at the primary school after the balloting!

I know this may sound silly but believe me I have never felt so nervous (and excited) just waiting and praying our number to be called! (I don't recall being that tense waiting at a dentist office but that's another matter...) And the best thing is, a few of my daughter's friends (they are all in the same kindergarten class) got into the same school too so at least she has got company! Well, I want to thank all my friends who have sent your well wishes to me! I really appreciate them all!

13 Responses
  1. Veens Says:

    CONGRATS, I am glad your daughter got selected :) and it is also nice to hear that she has company :)

    I hope u enjoy your new book!

    Hope you have a good week ahead!


  2. Julia Says:

    I'm happy to hear your daughter got picked to be in the school :) I hope she and her bestfriend have many great time together this year :) Enjoy your new books too :)

    These two books didn't came from my mailbox, but I brought them and they aren't new. It is Jill Shalvis two books INSTANT TEMPATATION and INSTANT GRAFITICATION.


  3. Ana S. Says:

    Hooray! I'm very happy for you and your daughter :D


  4. Darlyn Says:

    Congratulations to your daughter!Hurrah!


  5. I am happy for you.

    Have another great reading week ahead! Here is my Mondays: Mailbox/Where Am I/Musings post.


  6. Violet Says:

    Oh cool, so glad you daughter and some of her friends got in. Definitely good news :)


  7. Iliana Says:

    Yay! That's such great news Melody. And, how sweet that your daughter will also have some of her little friends there. When does she start classes?

    And, I hope you'll enjoy the Housewife book. I thought it was a good read.


  8. Melody Says:

    Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! Now I can don't think of the school stuff and let myself relax a bit, haha.

    Iliana - The class will begin in January next year.

    I look forward to reading that Housewife book as I've read nothing but rave reviews about it. :)


  9. Ceri Says:

    How to be an American Housewife sounds intriguing.

    And Congratulations!!! I knew she could do it. ;-) I'm so happy for you and your family. :D I was thinking of you guys.


  10. Melody Says:

    Ceri - Thank you, Ceri! :)


  11. Darlene Says:

    Awesome news that your daughter was selected for the primary school! I'm glad she'll be with her friends.

    I'm curious to see what you'll think of How to Be an American Housewife. I enjoyed it.



  12. Alice Says:

    Great news, Melody! I'm very happy for you and your daughter!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.