Melody

Teaser Tuesdays

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!


His manner changed, the malicious merriment came back to his eyes, the imperious accent to his voice and the masterful expression to his face. "That I cannot promise. I must know where you are, but I will not molest nor betray you till the time arrives. Go where you like, assume what disguise you choose, do what you please, except die or marry. I'll stand off and watch the play, but I must follow. I like the chase, it is exciting, novel and absorbing. I have tried and tired of other amusements, this satisfies me and I am in no haste to end it. Upon my soul, Rose, it gives a new interest to life and makes my wooing wonderfully varied and delightful. Now I am going straight back to Paris while you lose yourself again, and in a week or two Baptiste and I will take the field for another harmless hunt. Are you too angry to say adieu?"

(Pg 194, A Long Fatal Love Chase by Louisa May Alcott)



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!



It seems like Lady Luck was smiling at me last Friday as I managed to borrow the following books which I've been coveting for a while:

1) Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

2) Everlasting by Angie Frazier

3) Walk of the Spirits by Richie Tankersley Cusick


Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia from The Printed Page where readers get to share the books that came into their house last week.

I received The Night Watch by Sarah Waters from Sakura of Chasing Bawa; a giveaway win for her 1-year blogiversary. (Thank you, Sakura! Once again, congratulations on your blogiversary and I'm glad to know you through this bookblogging community!)



Finally, I received The Versatile Blogger Award from Naida and Iliana and I couldn't thank them both enough! I always enjoy reading their blogs and they are very talented too! (How I wish I've Naida's crocheting skills and also to be able to make those beautiful journals like the way Iliana does!)

Now the rule of the award is to list seven things about me and to pass it on to 15 friends. Here goes:

1) When I was a teenager, my favourite pop groups are Bananarama and New Kids on the Block. I also love songs by Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. (I still have all their cassettes, though I doubt they can be played again. Anyway where can one find a cassette player these days?)

2) One of my favourite subjects in school is Arts, besides Chinese language that is.

3) If I've some spare time, I'd like to learn Japanese.

4) I love most fruits, and I know dragon fruit are nutritious but I don't really like it as I find the taste bland (I heard from the fruitsellers that those with pink flesh usually taste sweeter than the white ones).

5) My first ARC is an anthology titled Bad Boys to Go by Lori Foster, which I won it from her contest.

6) I don't really like sewing, but I do like cross-stitching (though I haven't done so for years). Go figure.

7) I go for hair rebonding every once a year because I have natural wavy hair.

As always, I have difficulty naming just a few blogger friends as I feel everyone of you deserves this award. If you like, do share some of the seven things about you so that I can get to know you better?

In regard to the primary school registration, my husband received a call from the primary school this morning that there would be a balloting this Friday since the number of children registered exceeded their limit. Thus, I'd be away this Friday to witness the balloting. *sigh* I'd appreciate it if you could send some good vibes our way!

14 Responses
  1. Heidenkind Says:

    Congratulations on your award! The Louisa May Alcott book looks very interesting. :)


  2. Ana S. Says:

    Sending good thoughts your way, Melody! And congrats on your award!

    I'm very much looking forward to your thoughts on A Long Fatal Love Chase, and I'm so excited you got The Night Watch! It's my second favourite Sarah Waters.


  3. Julia Says:

    Congrats on your award and I hope you enjoy these books as much when you brought them :) And here me keeping finger crosses, hope and good vibes your way for your daughter school :)
    P.S. I love cross stitching too! ;)


  4. Violet Says:

    I find the Teaser Tuesday a bit scary.

    Sending the best vibes from me. Friday will be good.

    Congrats on the award and you got some awesome books, I almost picked up Everlasting at the library too but was distracted by Ash by Melinda Lo.


  5. Sandy Nawrot Says:

    Based on the books you received, you definitely have karma working for you right now. I will send more your way, and hope for the best!


  6. Sending you good vibes.

    I like the teaser!

    Here is my Tuesday teaser done differently!


  7. Sakura Says:

    OMG, New Kids on the Block, Debbie Gibson and Tiffany! Brings back memories. Hope you enjoy The Night Watch!


  8. Alice Says:

    Congratulations on the award, Melody!


  9. Love Sarah Waters, and need to read her again soon...Little Stranger.


  10. Ceri Says:

    Ooh, I like your teaser. I'm fascinated with Louisa May Alcott's writing.

    Good luck with the school registration. Thinking of you guys!

    And congratulations on the award. :D :D :D


  11. Iliana Says:

    If you find a tape player I'll come over and listen to those with you. I was a big fan of all those singers too! :)

    Sending lots of good vibes Melody and hope it all works out!


  12. Becca Says:

    Congrats on the award! I totally listened to Debbie Gibson and Tiffany when I was a kid. My older sister had the cassettes. I am sure they are still hiding out somewhere in my mother's basement, lol.

    Forgive my ignorance, but what is hair rebonding?

    Alcott's book looks interesting!


  13. Melody Says:

    Thanks, everyone! :)

    Rebecca - Hair rebonding is actually hair staightening. And they usually last longer than other straightening methods.


  14. The Bookworm Says:

    glad you like the award Mel :)
    I used to love New Kids on the Block and still have the cassette tapes...lol.

    Hope everything goes well with the school!

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.