Melody
So I had finished reading these installments a while back, but just did have find the time of reviewing it until now. However this time around, I will discuss more on the characters than giving a brief summary. Moreover, it is hard to talk about these installments without giving away the plots.

If you had read my post on the first installment, you would be able to remember that I had mentioned about not knowing the Japanese names of the characters. So what I did after that is I did a google search and I was glad not only to find out their Japanese names but also found out a link where you could get to read a few chapters online but you will read about that towards the end of this post.

Ninako (a high school girl and the protagonist of the series) is simply a meek, mild-mannered girl and though she knew she could not get into a relationship with the boy she loves because he has a girlfriend, that does not keep her from admiring him from afar and in fact, she is satisfied being the way things are as long as they are friends. And this made my heart ache for her because she does not even think ill of him or his girlfriend.

Her childhood friend, Daiki, shares the same personality with Ninako but his views on love and relationship differs from her. I cannot decide if I should stand by Ninako or Daiki because each has his or her own valid reasons and love and relationship can be such a complicated issue. However, among all the characters I like Ren the most, not because he is the most good-looking and popular boy in school, but he is such an understanding person (and oh, he is a perfect gentleman and if you have read the manga, you would know what I mean).

So what did I feel after reading the first three installments? I loved it! I like the characters and the plot, but most of all the romance and the intensity! And I cannot wait to finish reading the rest of the installments (#6 is the latest installment to-date). I found a link where you can read the first 13 chapters and they are in English edition (Click here if you are interested). I think the illustrations are beautiful, and I hope you will enjoy reading them as much as I do.

My previous post on Strobe Edge #1.
5 Responses
  1. Veens Says:

    Wow, this sounds alluring :) :) I am going, the link is calling me :D

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!


  2. Ninako sounds like such a good person. I am glad you are enjoying this series, Melody. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!


  3. Alice Says:

    I'm glad you're enjoying the series, Melody! :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Hi, everyone! Thanks for your comments! I've read all the installments to-date and I loved it! I can't wait for #7 (as well as the rest of the series) to be released! Can you tell I'm hooked to this series? :P


  5. Julia Says:

    Sound like you enjoy this manga book, Melody! Great review!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.