Melody

It happens even to the best readers from time to time… you close the cover on the book you’re reading and discover, to your horror, that there’s nothing else to read. Either there’s nothing in the house, or nothing you’re in the mood for. Just, nothing that “clicks.” What do you do?? How do you get the reading wheels turning again?

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

Oh yeah, I do have this feeling from time to time (because my mood plays a part when it comes to reading), but it doesn't really affect too much of my reading because I have various genres in my TBR pile (i.e. paranormal, romance suspense, fantasy, thriller, horror...you name it, and not to mention mangas too!). Usually I will carry on reading the same genre until I decide I want a change, and then I will pick up a different genre, it's that simple. The only problem is: I need more time to finish the books!!!

11 Responses
  1. Kat Says:

    I don't have a TBR pile :( because I usually buy one book (three at the most) and I finish them asap. I guess that's why I run out of stuff to read ehehe.


  2. Melody Says:

    I think it's good in a way, Kat. At least you don't have to worry too much what to read next, hehe. Have a great day!


  3. Changing genres makes sense! It's good that you have plenty to read... it would be bad to ever really run out!

    I put my answers "here.


  4. Darla Says:

    I change genres with every book--so far, that's prevented me from having the problem of nothing looking appealing to read!


  5. Great answer Melody, and this is one of the exact reasons I feel the need to keep TBR books at my house. After all, when I finish a book at 10:30 and want to read a few more minutes before bedtime, my library aint' open and I am not going in my PJ's. Gotta have books to choose from and there has to be variety :)

    I agree - so many books, so little time! One of my most favorite of phrases, LOL! :)

    Happy Reading!


  6. Alice Says:

    I agree with you Mel. I need more time to finish the books too! LOL.


  7. Melody Says:

    Thanks, all! And I absolutely agree with this: SO MANY BOOKS, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

    Happy BTT and have a great weekend. :D


  8. teabird Says:

    Melody, you said it -- too many books and too little time! Thanks for visiting - and I change genres all the time, too!


  9. More time would definitely be nice, Melody, I agree! There's never enough time to read. :-S

    I go through phases too sometimes where I read one particular genre for awhile until I need to switch to another. That happens a lot when I'm in a series reading mood.


  10. Melody Says:

    Hi Wendy, I definitely need more time! My books are piling! LOL. One day if I strike lottery, I'd quit and stay at home and read, bwahahah....wishful thinking!

    Have a great weekend. :)


  11. Julia Says:

    I agree, moods always play part in my reading choosing. We weren't want to feel burn out if we stick with same genre all the times.

    That why I love my TBR piles, even though I'm scared to look at it LOL..the amount of books topping one another...too scary LOL

    Sorry so late, but Happy BTT!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.