Melody
I hope everyone has a happy Labour's Day holiday. We were supposed to be out yesterday, but our daughter had a slight fever, so we aborted our plan and ended up watching TV the whole day. I was glad there was a movie marathon on a channel which started at 10pm the previous night. We enjoyed watching Ghost Ship, which was a little creepy, followed by Scream 3 which ended at around 2.15am. By then I could hardly keep my eyes open so we headed to bed (we had actually watched Scream 3 at the cinema when it was first released during our courting days, hehe). And the following morning, we watched bits of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz (because we missed the first half) and Drumline.

Anyway, this morning it rains again. I woke up at around 4am to close the windows, and couldn't sleep then. Our daughter's temperature hasn't gone down the last time I checked, so she couldn't go to the playgroup today.

I have read some more of The Memory Keeper's Daughter on my way to work earlier and it is very, very good! I hope I am able to come up with a fine review after reading it. Mentioning of books, we went to Borders after visited my dad last Saturday. I was looking for this book - Ice Blue by Anne Stuart and I was very, very disappointed to note it wasn't on the shelves yet. I want this book badly! (I had enjoyed reading Black Ice and Cold As Ice; and they were great!) In fact, Julia and I have agreed earlier on reading Ice Blue together; so I feel a little bad that she has waited for me some time to get this book... ended up I have to buy it online and it will take about 2 to 3 weeks to arrive! *sigh* Yeah, I know I should have done this earlier!!! Oh well... at least it saves me the trouble of going back to the bookstore to check.

Happy Wednesday to all!
Labels: edit post
6 Responses
  1. Alice Says:

    Hi Mel, I hope your daughter will get well soon. Will wait for your review on The Memory Keeper's Daughter. :) Happy Wednesday to you!


  2. Melody Says:

    Thanks, Alice! I hope I will finish reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter by this week, hehe.


  3. Julia Says:

    AND I'm gonna keep on waiting until you get "Ice Blue" so that we can read together. I made that promise to wait *grin*...and don't feel bad. It not your fault :)

    Whoohooo *doing happy dance* you finally brought it online :)


  4. Melody Says:

    Thanks for being so patient with me, Julia! I know that book is calling to you since the day you bought it, bwahahah...


  5. Julia Says:

    It is calling me, it scary. Sometime I think while am sleeping it trying to plan a conspiracy against me since I won't listen to them when they're calling me Bawahaha!

    Can't wait for that "darn" book to get to you! LOL


  6. Melody Says:

    Ooh, that indeed sounds scary! LOL! Will let you know asap once the book is here!!!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.