Melody
Usually I have bread for breakfast, and I bring them to the office to eat since I am always early. I like to be early, so that I can check emails, write and read blogs while listening to the music. It is such a joy when there is no one else is around. But this morning, I have rice dumplings for breakfast. My mother-in-law gave some to us last evening, and I kept them in the fridge so I can steam them this morning. You can't leave them out in the open overnight because they spoil easily; and who wants to eat a sour dumpling anyway?!

Most of you know that rice dumplings are traditionally eaten during the Duanwu (Dragon Boat) festival, but you can still find them easily at some eating outlets; and anyway they are much cheaper as compared when you buy nearer to the festival. (You may wish to learn its origins by clicking here.)

Anyway, I like rice dumplings, but they can be filling to the stomach even if you eat just one. Thus, it is always recommendable to drink with a cup of tea for easy digestion. There are also many types of fillings in rice dumplings: red bean paste, plain ones dipped in granulated sugar, or my favourite that is filled with chinese sausage, dried mushrooms and chestnuts. Hmm... myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

So if you have tried them, which is your favourite? ;)
Labels: edit post
5 Responses
  1. Kathy Says:

    Hey, Melody! Howareya?!
    Can't say that I've ever tried rice dumplings, but I do enjoy your book reviews/summaries. Keep 'em coming!
    I also took this HandTest thingy, and guess what?!! We have the same hands!!!! Groovy, huh?!
    Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving encouraging comments. I appreciate that! I'll try to continue posting good shots; I am looking forward to being in Williamsburg this weekend and capturing some interesting sites!
    God bless!


  2. Alice Says:

    I love the plain one -- just rice and mushroom. Weird eh?

    I'm also early but not to the office straightaway. Will be hanging around the cafe for a while with my book and warm my office seat at 8.20 AM. :)


  3. Melody Says:

    Hi Kathy, thanks! :) How cool we have the same result, hehe. Ahem, that shows great mind thinks alike. LOL!

    Have fun in Williamsburg. Will be looking forward to seeing more pics from you! ;)


  4. Melody Says:

    Hey Alice, you aren't weird at all. To each his own. ;)

    There is a Mac outlet not far away from my office, but I'd prefer to stay in the office anyway...so that I can check the internet, hehe. So your office hour starts at 8am or 8.30am?


  5. Alice Says:

    Hi Mel, I start at 8.30 AM but usually will be in by 8.15 AM. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.