Melody
Well, what shall I say about this blockbuster? I understand there are quite a few negative reviews on this movie. Although I can't say I love it, but I won't say I hate it either. However I agree there are too many villains and plots in this installment. Perhaps it is the final installment, I'm not sure, but I'd prefer to watch another installment than having them all jam packed in this. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the special effects; at least it isn't a great disappointment in my humble opinion.
Peter Parker is very satisfied with his life, for he is able to strike a balance between his relationship with MJ and his role being a Spiderman. On top of that, he is well liked by the people as they regard him as their hero. But that is about to change when a black slimy thing 'descends' on earth and affixes itself to him, thus turning him into a darker personality (that explains the dark suit).
The plot continues from its previous installment as we see Harry (aka the Green Goblin) harbours a deep hatred for Spiderman, as he believes he killed his father and decides to avenge for him.

Then a convict escapes from the prison and falls into a laboratory pit when the scientists are doing a test, and this process accidentally transforms him into a Sandman. Turns out he is the culprit who kills Parker's beloved Uncle Ben when he tries to steal money to save his sick daughter. Needless to say, Parker is enraged and will do anything to get revenge.

Thereafter, Parker's relationship with MJ begins to deteriorate after he has rescued a woman by the name of Gwen and she steals a kiss from him. And next we see one more villian Venom in Eddie, a photographer who thinks Parker is a rival to his job.

I would say this installment is more on facing one's inner demons and how one's battle them; and there are a few heartwarming scenes as well. The hubs and I enjoyed this movie, after all it's the entertaining part that counts and moreover we watched it without the accompanying of our 3 year-old daughter. Just like our good old courting days, hehe.
7 Responses
  1. Julia Says:

    Looking forward to this movies, heard lot of good things about it :)


  2. Melody Says:

    Hi Julia, would love to hear what you think after you have watched it. ;)


  3. Julia Says:

    I have seen both 1 & 2 and I'm sure 3 will be great too :)

    You know I suck at reviewing, so I don't know if movies reviews will be the things to do on my list LOL! But I tell you about it, when I see it :)


  4. Darla Says:

    We saw this... last week? week before last? Time flies. We enjoyed it, but with a 12-year-old and a 16-year-old at home, there was no way on earth we could get away with seeing it without them. LOL

    I'll post my review eventually, I'm sure.


  5. Melody Says:

    Cool...can't wait to read your review, Darla. :)

    Julia, let me know once you have watched it! Would love to read your movie reviews anyway, and believe me, nobody's perfect. ;)


  6. We saw this one too, and enjoyed it. I agree it had a few more villains than the previous too, but we still liked it. We tend to think most of these superhero movies are all about the same on a rating scale, and we do like most all of them.

    We haven't seen Pirates 3 yet, but hope to soon. Hope you can enjoy another date out for that one too :)


  7. Melody Says:

    Stacy, we haven't watched Pirates 3 too...the hubs can't seem to decide whether to catch it on screen or on DVDs. LOL!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.