Melody

Okay . . . picture this (really) worst-case scenario: It’s cold and raining, your boyfriend/girlfriend has just dumped you, you’ve just been fired, the pile of unpaid bills is sky-high, your beloved pet has recently died, and you think you’re coming down with a cold. All you want to do (other than hiding under the covers) is to curl up with a good book, something warm and comforting that will make you feel better.

What do you read?

(Any bets on how quickly somebody says the Bible or some other religious text? A good choice, to be sure, but to be honest, I was thinking more along the lines of fiction…. Unless I laid it on a little strong in the string of catastrophes? Maybe I should have just stuck to catching a cold on a rainy day….)

Don’t forget to leave a link to your actual response (so people don’t have to go searching for it) in the comments—or if you prefer, leave your answers in the comments themselves!

Great topic this week! Let's see... I'll pick Life's Golden Ticket by Brendon Burchard. This is an inspirational book that will definitely set you thinking about life. I understand some readers might find inspirational books to be somewhat boring, but this is not so in this book. It is written in story form wrapped with a fantasy theme. What's more, the bookcover looks bright and cheerful, and not to mention it's an easy read (which is what I need under this circumstances!). This will be the book that I won't mind reading it all over again and again.

(You may wish to read my review here.)

18 Responses
  1. I have heard of it. Time to pick it up, I suppose.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Not heard of that one. I usually go for kids books to take me back to happier times.


  3. Debi Says:

    Definitely must try this sometime!


  4. 1morechapter Says:

    Might have to get this!


  5. Alice Says:

    I remember this one, Melody. I must try, must try.... :)


  6. Ooh... Never heard of this one... Will see if the library has it. Thanks!

    Happy BTT!


  7. Chris Says:

    Hmm...Never heard of this one.


  8. teabird Says:

    This one is new to me - thank you ! I'll have to look for it.


  9. Stephanie Says:

    This is new to me as well. Sounds like a winner though!


  10. Barbara H. Says:

    I haven't heard of this, but it sounds interesting! For me, to, under those circumstances a fairly easy read would be required.

    Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts


  11. Julia Says:

    I never read this book, but of course you already know that :)

    Great choice, and happy BTT!


  12. CeeCee Says:

    Haven't heard of this one either but the cover is cheerful. Happy BTT!


  13. I don't think I've heard of that book, thanks for the recommendation! :)

    Happy Reading!!!


  14. Melody Says:

    Hi everyone! Thanks for your comments. If you have the chance to pick up this book, do let me know what you think... :)

    Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead.


  15. i am not familiar with this book. i'll have to keep an eye out for it!


  16. MissMeliss Says:

    While I'm not particularly religious, a good story is a good story, and it doesn't really matter if it's inspirational, religious, secular, or anything else.

    As long as it's well written...

    -- Melissa


  17. Melody Says:

    Hi Alison! I hope you will enjoy the book if you managed to get it.

    Hi Melissa! I agree with you. Any book is fine to me as long as it is a good read and of course, well written.


  18. I think that inspirational books can be quite comforting in the right moment.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.